General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Default The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

I got my windows tinted day ago, and by the way it looks great. So today I was dusting the car off, and I noticed that the rear window antenna was removed as well as the base that attaches it to the glass. Whats up with that? Is that normally done? Whats that antenna for anyway, onstar or radio? Because I did notice that the radio reception wasnt that great either. I may go back there and ask the shop whats goin on, based on your responses.
Thanks.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Default RE: The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

not good man, I'm pretty sure the one in the window is for your radio. The one on the roof is for onstar.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?

shmedley is exactly correct and btw I had mine tinted on my 06 and they mess with any antennas.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

correct, the antenna is for Onstar. They have to take the antenna off to layout the tint, but they should have placed it back on.... at least they put mine back on. Take it back to the show and demand they put it back on, or pay to have someone else to put it on.

btw, I don;t knwo why they took the inside connector off, because they should have been able to trim that out.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 AM

donutboy they DO NOT have to remove the antenna to layout the tint~!!!!! I watched them do mine and they NEVER did that and mine looks awesome!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:43 AM

One more thing too...the antenna IS NOT for Onstar. That antenna is the black one on the roof of the car. The one in the rear window is for the radio.

PLEASE do not post if you don't know what you are talking about. I understand everyone has an opinion but if you don't know if the information is correct then say so in the post.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM

hey
i had my windows tinted last week and they toke mine off and after the tint it was put back on
the tint look realy good .......but the stuck the interior over the tint but it it came unglued and pulled the tint off just a 4x4 peace ......had to fix that my self.................. i was told its the radio anteena

Old 03-14-2007, 02:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: cain45

One more thing too...the antenna IS NOT for Onstar. That antenna is the black one on the roof of the car. The one in the rear window is for the radio.

PLEASE do not post if you don't know what you are talking about. I understand everyone has an opinion but if you don't know if the information is correct then say so in the post.
Cain, we all love you, but stuff like this is going to happen. I've made over 5 or 6 wrong posts already. Only by posting incorrectly did I learn that I jumped to conclusions and I am now more careful. Scolding will not get us anywhere. People don't change people, only experience & Space Aliens can change people.[sm=alien.gif][sm=alien.gif][sm=alien.gif][sm=alien.gif]

Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: cain45

Might want todo research about things before you accuse people of posting wrong things.

There are different generations of onstar.

the onstar that I have, and I believe jeffmonte has as well is older than your generation of onstar.

The antenna that is on the window (see pic below)

is for Onstar. the radio antennais in the rear window.
In order for the tint guy to cut the tint, he lays it on the outside of the window, then takes it on the inside of the car to install, and make final trimmings. He needs to remove the antenna to do this.

On your 06 monte

that is your onstar and I believe XM antenna.

So again, before you start blasting other peoples comments thinking you know everthing, you might want to do some research yourself.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

OUCH! I also stand corrected!

Quick Reply: The window tint guy removed my rear window antenna!Whatsup with that?