General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

window decals and rear window defroster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Default window decals and rear window defroster?

Hey Guys,

I have a dumb question for you, My wife was telling one of her customers that also works at a Chevy dealership as a mech. she was telling him that I wanted one of the big Chevy bowtie decals on my back window. He told her that if I had a rear window defroster, that it would melt the vinyl decal.

Have any of you guys heard of that????
I don't want to put a decal on the car only to have a problem with it, but I can not see the defroster getting hot enough to melt the decal.

What do you guys think????

Mike.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Default RE: window decals and rear window defroster?

If it's applied on the inside, then yes it could. if the decal's on the outside, then most likey not, unless you have it on for no reason in the summer. The rapid heating/cooling will eventually wear the decal faster than normal, but I've never had a problem with decals on rear windows. You'd think there'd be a problem with tints as well, I know it's not vinyl, but it's something similar.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:13 AM

have had this one for just shy of a year. No signs of melting or even shrinking for that matter, and I use my defrost allthe time.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:05 AM

Thanks guys, I figured that it would not be a big deal.

TrickRacin, I was hoping you would reply. I figure if anyone would have noticed a problem it would be you with all that vinyl on the back window.

Mike.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

no your fine...the defroster's aren't that powerful and they're in the glass not on the outside of it....

stickers are fine on the back window....just make sure you wont have a problem lookin around one because they're always there in your mirror

Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 AM

i can gurantee you thats bs, ive had decals on the back window of every car i ever had and they all had rear decals, ive had mine on forever and i used my defroster everyday last winter and it didnt so much as make the decal blink. i dunno why people say that but trust us here it does nothing

the proof is in the pudding LOL

Old 06-02-2007, 10:38 AM

do anyknow a site where i can get some decals such as the chevy bowtie for my back window and also thre monte carlo lettering that goes across the front windshield? oh yeah and something that says someting like monte carlo racing or car club you know this would be greatly appreciated as well

Old 06-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ebay is a good place for some...and cheap...or look for a shop in your town that cuts decals, usually places that do signs can make them for you really cheap

Old 06-02-2007, 10:45 AM

thx wiz

Old 06-02-2007, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: benhillzone3

do anyknow a site where i can get some decals such as the chevy bowtie for my back window and also thre monte carlo lettering that goes across the front windshield? oh yeah and something that says someting like monte carlo racing or car club you know this would be greatly appreciated as well
www.targrafix.com , this is my neighbor and he is the one that did mine. Give him a shout he will do anything ya want and will ship it to ya.

Quick Reply: window decals and rear window defroster?