Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

Michigan Michigan Club Formation

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:23 AM

Just a quick thought from a newbie. First sign me up. A monte only club in michigan would be great. My thought would be to have the meet during one of the big events that we are already there anyway. Like the bearing burners swap and show the first of May and Woodward in August.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rsnafu
Just a quick thought from a newbie. First sign me up. A monte only club in michigan would be great. My thought would be to have the meet during one of the big events that we are already there anyway. Like the bearing burners swap and show the first of May and Woodward in August.
First, welcome!

Second, thank you for your input. I think doing something in tandem with another event (e.g. Woodward, etc.) is a great idea. Actually, we have been holding our own Meets in Michigan (two per year) for the past two years. Where are you located? I ask because, if you're interested, we do have a Meet coming up soon; Saturday, October 19th, in Ann Arbor. You're welcome to join as we always like meeting new people/members. This will be the third, and final, Meet of the year. Info is here > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/me...19-13-a-45342/.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I cant wait for this to happen!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Hey Matt, I know you have a tentative name, but I came up with another approach to a name if you are not finalized.... Instead of using "Monte Carlo", perhaps replace it with "Knights" (based off the commonly recognized logo being a "Knight's Crest", despite the 5th/7th gen Montes don't have it).

So the club could be "Knights of South Michigan" or KOSM. Or South Michigan Knights, S.M.K.

Just a though to get an abreviation that flows off the tongue better.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:47 PM

So far I like these two:
  1. "Southern Michigan Monte Carlo Club" (SMMCC) ...... S double-M double-C
  2. "Great Lakes Monte Carlo Club" (GLMCC)................ GLM double-C
Kinda like NCAA ......... and you say NC-double-A

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 10-09-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Hey Matt, I know you have a tentative name, but I came up with another approach to a name if you are not finalized.... Instead of using "Monte Carlo", perhaps replace it with "Knights" (based off the commonly recognized logo being a "Knight's Crest", despite the 5th/7th gen Montes don't have it).

So the club could be "Knights of South Michigan" or KOSM. Or South Michigan Knights, S.M.K.

Just a though to get an abreviation that flows off the tongue better.
Or,
The Michigan Knights of Monte Carlo!

Old 10-09-2013, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member

Here's the names I'm leaning toward:

Southern Michigan Monte Carlo Club (SMMCC)
Michigan Monte Carlo Club (MMCC)

I just like the originality of these. I'd rather not get too obscure.

Another thought I just had tonight is maybe for each Meet we do some type of recognition for the person that has driven the furthest distance to that particular Meet (e.g. free club t-shirt, coffee mug, etc.). I feel like Matt (Slugger088) would win this every time he attends but it's a thought.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

MMCC kinda flows pretty well. That might not be a bad approach.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
MMCC kinda flows pretty well. That might not be a bad approach.
Yeah, I was thinking encompassing the entire state was a bit much at first but maybe that's the easiest and most reasonable approach, rather than doing just a section of the state or the entire Great Lakes region.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 AM

I am up north in harrison by Houghton lake. I usually make it down once a month in the summer for the big ones like gratiot,downriver,telegraph,bearing burners the first of May and Woodward. But I will make it down for the meet and greets next summer. Most of the other clubs in the area are a bit uptight. I have tried a couple of them. Most of them are worried about where they are in pecking order. They don't understand let's just meet up and relax. From what I have read here on the forum in the short time I have been here everybody here is on the same page let's have fun and relax. Looking forward to meeting everybody

Quick Reply: Michigan Michigan Club Formation