Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meets & Gatherings (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/)
-   -   Michigan Michigan Club Formation (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meets-gatherings-31/michigan-club-formation-45280/)

06mistreSS 10-02-2013 01:07 PM

Michigan Club Formation

I have had the idea for a year or so. Being that we have a lot of members in Michigan and the Great Lakes region, and we have been holding our own Michigan Meets for a few years now, I have had the thought of starting some sort of Monte Carlo club here in Michigan. That idea is now a reality. We have officially established ourselves as the Michigan Monte Carlo Club. We are a new Club in the beginning stages so please be patient as we continue to move forward and make improvements.

About MMCC
Welcome to the Michigan Monte Carlo Club. A place for Monte Carlo owners in the State of Michigan and surrounding Great Lakes region. We are a statewide Michigan club exclusively for all generations of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, from 1970 to 2007.

Official Club Logo
Simple yet elegant; a portion of the Knight's Crest logo intertwined with the State of Michigan.

http://www.michiganmontecarloclub.co...go-150x150.png

Meets
Plan is to hold our spring and fall Meets as usual but also add more Meets and Gatherings to the calendar. We also plan to have member gatherings at other car shows, cruises (e.g. Woodward), etc. to represent the Club. There is an Events page on our website that lists events for the calendar year; now showing for 2014.

I'm thinking about introducing and handing out an award or two at one or two of our Meets; one “people’s choice” or two “top two people's choice” awards as voted on by attendees. Idea is everyone in attendance with a car would have a chance to win and would vote for their favorite car other than their own. Winners from the previous year would not be eligible to win. My preference for an award would be a wall plaque or possibly an acrylic stand-up.

I'm also thinking about having dash plaques made up for our Meets. I don’t think these are as important but would be cool to collect over time.

Items available to purchase
T-shirts, coffee mugs, and decals are just a few items that we plan to have available for purchase as we move forward. Stay tuned for more information. We plan to have a number of t-shirts made up with our Club logo that will be available to purchase at our Meets and eventually online.

Fees
Membership fees; free. I don't think we need to establish a membership fee right now but maybe we encourage some sort of “registration” fee per Meet of, say, $5 or so which would be something along the lines of a donation to the Club to cover the costs of organizing and running the Club as well as our Meets. Anything like that is greatly appreciated.

Our 3rd annual Spring Meet & Greet will be this coming spring (no date yet). We appreciate those who have participated in our past Meets and look forward to moving forward and growing. Our largest attendance was eleven (Spring 2013) and we hope to surpass that in 2014.

If interested in MMCC contact Matt (06mistreSS).

Thanks!

STUMPMI 10-02-2013 04:55 PM

Matt:
I like your thoughts and ideas...

Since we have all met thru the MCF...
A Name that relates to where we all met/meet on line?
The MCF Monte Carlo club of Michigan Chapter? (Not exactly this name) Just a thought.:) Or something along those lines.

As far as the rest of the ideas you have mentioned sounds like a Great Idea! Its been forever since I have been a part of any kind of club.

Provided there is enough Interest/participationt that people will actually show up/be a part of something like this.... Dedication is gonna be key?... Obviously... Count me in!...I'm all for it!:thumbsup:

06mistreSS 10-02-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 574344)
Since we have all met thru the MCF...
A Name that relates to where we all met/meet on line?
The MCF Monte Carlo club of Michigan Chapter? (Not exactly this name) Just a thought.:) Or something along those lines.

I would rather not tie the Forum into the club name. I'd like this idea to branch out and allow all interested, Forum or not, to be part of the club and, in my opinion, linking it to the Forum will make it seem as if it's only for Forum members. Like I said, just something original.

STUMPMI 10-02-2013 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 574348)
I would rather not tie the Forum into the club name. I'd like this idea to branch out and allow all interested, Forum or not, to be part of the club and, in my opinion, linking it to the Forum will make it seem as if it's only for Forum members. Like I said, just something original.

I can agree with that Matt, like I said... It was just a thought/idea...:)
Considering... So far all that have come to the meets... are from the forum;)
So far.:thumbsup:
Still I like the idea of a Michigan based Monte Carlo Club.

The_Maniac 10-02-2013 08:09 PM

I like your thinking Matt. I know I made it to a meet-n-greet, but I feel I'm a bit too distant to be an "active" member (doesn't mean I can't still make it from time to time).

I am part of the NEOCC (North Eastern Camaro Club). I believe dues are $5 or $10 a year, they have a TON of members and many, not even in Ohio (some may have been before). I joined because I like their newsletter and I go to some of their events/car shows once in a while (sadly, my '84 has a long way to go until she'll see a show).

I suppose what I'm getting at is you have the right idea. Start regionally. Your name for simplicity might be best SMMC (South Michigan Monte Club, yes, I know I dropped Carlo, trying to make it easier to roll). Or perhaps GLMC (Great Lakes Monte Club).

I wish I had more MCF members or Monte folks in my location. Heck, a regional club for me would be nice too ;)

Sorry, I'm rambling lol!!

06mistreSS 10-03-2013 07:25 AM

Actually, Jason, I like your idea of a regional club. Both of your name ideas are great and very realistic and simple; I may go in that direction once I get things rolling. Actually we already incorporate "Great Lakes" into the name of our Meets. I do have a few ideas for a logo already. As for being an active club member, I don't think you would necessarily have to make every Meet. It would be nice to see as many as possible but nothing that would be required. We've had people not be able to come to past Meets for a variety of reasons and that's okay.

I'm also thinking we call next year's Meets the "3rd annual Great Lakes Spring Meet" and "3rd annual Great Lakes Fall Meet".

Thanks for your input Jason, and you as well David!

KCFITZ78 10-03-2013 09:03 AM

I would be interested in joining a regional Monte Carlo Car Club. It is also another reason to always have a Monte Carlo :thumbsup:

I like your idea for "dash plaques". I think "dash plaques" would be a good idea for the meets and maybe "car club plaques" for the members (members to pay cost for car club plaques & t-shirts).

Also I am curious as to your thoughts for other W-Body platforms to join as a memebr? I know there is already a GP Club and I want to say there is an Impala Club, but not sure.

ChibiBlackSheep 10-03-2013 09:07 AM

Professional Graphic Designer here. Let me know if you need any help.

Obviously I can't be a member, but I can offer you help if you need it. :thumbsup:

STUMPMI 10-03-2013 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 574379)
I like your thinking Matt. I know I made it to a meet-n-greet, but I feel I'm a bit too distant to be an "active" member (doesn't mean I can't still make it from time to time).

I am part of the NEOCC (North Eastern Camaro Club). I believe dues are $5 or $10 a year, they have a TON of members and many, not even in Ohio (some may have been before). I joined because I like their newsletter and I go to some of their events/car shows once in a while (sadly, my '84 has a long way to go until she'll see a show).

I suppose what I'm getting at is you have the right idea. Start regionally. Your name for simplicity might be best SMMC (South Michigan Monte Club, yes, I know I dropped Carlo, trying to make it easier to roll). Or perhaps GLMC (Great Lakes Monte Club).

I wish I had more MCF members or Monte folks in my location. Heck, a regional club for me would be nice too ;)

Sorry, I'm rambling lol!!

Jason:
We/You could definitely consider lake Erie as part of the great lakes....
So, Now you have no excuse to "NOT" be a part of it.:thumbsup: :)

06mistreSS 10-03-2013 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by KCFITZ78 (Post 574448)
Also I am curious as to your thoughts for other W-Body platforms to join as a member? I know there is already a GP Club and I want to say there is an Impala Club, but not sure.

I'm not sure how I feel about this as of now. I think there's positives in keeping it exclusively a "Monte Carlo" club, since other platforms have their own groups. Widening it to other platforms, in my opinion, kind of takes away the original and overall intent. I think if those with other W-Body platforms want to join and actively participate they can, however the club name and overall intent would still revolve around the Monte Carlo. I say that because we do allow other W-Body platforms at the Meets. That's my thought.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 574450)
Professional Graphic Designer here. Let me know if you need any help.

Obviously I can't be a member, but I can offer you help if you need it. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike, appreciate the offer! I'll let you know.