Meets & Gatherings Having a meet or gathering? Looking for one? Let your fellow enthusiasts know! Got pictures from a meet? Post 'em here too. We love pics!

GM Nationals 2013

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I tried hard to be ready to go. Just never worked out. Really wanted to make it, had a trailer lined up from my buddy. My car will still be in the shop for another 3 weeks or so I bet. I'm jealous of you all who are attending. This is probably the most highly attended , represented event by forum members, 9 Monte's going from the forum. Going to be awesome and so much fun!! Best of luck to you all, may you have a safe and exhilarating journey there and home.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 06-18-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry you can't make it Greg, maybe next year so i can see that sweet monte!

Mike, I'm 100% going

Old 06-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Im certainly going! Has anyone heard from Chris(zen)? Devin have you talked to him, I wonder if he is going after all the trouble he had with housing this year.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I tried hard to be ready to go. Just never worked out. Really wanted to make it, had a trailer lined up from my buddy. My car will still be in the shop for another 3 weeks or so I bet. I'm jealous of you all who are attending. This is probably the most highly attended , represented event by forum members, 9 Monte's going from the forum. Going to be awesome and so much fun!! Best of luck to you all, may you have a safe and exhilarating journey there and home.
all right more of a chance of me winning!!!!!

sorry to hear greg, i was really looking forward to seeing your monte in person and making some pulls with you!! (and stealing the turbo headers off your monte while you were sleeping ) i really hope to see you make it out next year for sure! its the best show i attend hands down!!

you could still come without the monte and meet all of us

Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
you could still come without the monte and meet all of us
Second that

Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

BTW - so, my Monte has had an issue of draining the battery ever since I bought it in 2008. But it usually has to sit untouched for about 3-5 days. Last year I got a new battery (failed the batt/alt test), still having this issue. Here it sat less then 24hours and dead. Tonight, I had enough, popped the alt off, to the parts store, bench test and it failed. Sadly, they are out of stock. But, I do have time tomorrow to tend to this. My Monte will be there... It's a funny thing, that timing can be....

Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
BTW - so, my Monte has had an issue of draining the battery ever since I bought it in 2008. But it usually has to sit untouched for about 3-5 days. Last year I got a new battery (failed the batt/alt test), still having this issue. Here it sat less then 24hours and dead. Tonight, I had enough, popped the alt off, to the parts store, bench test and it failed. Sadly, they are out of stock. But, I do have time tomorrow to tend to this. My Monte will be there... It's a funny thing, that timing can be....
glad to hear it will be making it out still!! i just painted my coolant overflow tank and windshield washer neck tonight and need to install it tomorrow. i also am gonna change the throttle position sensor before i leave, last saturday i had it out and the tpd sensor stuck at 2% throttle and had the car idling around 2200rpm's and trying to accelerate for about 3 miles and then snapped out of its fritz and worked fine after that but i dont wanna chance it doing this again going to carlisle so time to change it just in case lol.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

K, Here is my plan for the weekend...

Friday afternoon, checkout the show for a bit. I will be there around the afternoon (1-2pm) set up camp. Clean up the car.

Friday night, camping cookout. I got some hot dogs and buns, will be bringing my grill. got a case of mikes variety and a small 8 pack of canned bud. I got plenty of charcoal to burn for hours so if anyone wants to bring something to cook go ahead. Its not that big of a grill, but it can hold a good serving of dogs & burgers

Saturday, more car show goodies!
evening, Go carts with nymcc???? food i guess we are going out.

Sunday, breakfast i guess. I'll see when it gets here.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Jen, go karts are a must saturday after the show and yes we will go out to eat.

Sunday us hotelers usually snag breakfast then go to the show field to see who won, shoot some winners pictures then we usually part ways and go home. Last year i stayed for the winners parade just to see what it was like

Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Jen, go karts are a must saturday after the show and yes we will go out to eat.

Sunday us hotelers usually snag breakfast then go to the show field to see who won, shoot some winners pictures then we usually part ways and go home. Last year i stayed for the winners parade just to see what it was like
yessssss!!! Well friday night I got plenty of food to put on the grill if you guys wanna stop by the campground

Quick Reply: GM Nationals 2013