MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Sigs, Avatars, garage, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Cool "2 `be the best U can `be"

Hi `Mike,
Sorry to read about the problems that you are enduring. I hope that it is on your end & not the MCF. I'm sure the Staff will look into it & hopefully find your problem.

Also, belated "Happy Birthday" (January 26)....
Wish you good health & happiness > Enjoy your `Journey <

Old 02-02-2014, 06:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey 'Space, how's life treating you? I'm going to try again soon, but I tried changing my sig pic last night and it (or at least it appears) did not accept the new pic.

Thanks for the belated Birthday wish, but it was the 24th not the 26th. Thanks though, I appreciate the fact you remembered.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mike:
I see your using windows 7 and IE 11...

with IE 11 your also going to have to go to tools,
Click compatibility view settings and add Montecarloforum.com in the window and click add.

That should resolve some if not all of the problems your having..

You may ave to also do that for any other sites/forums that you maybe using...
Just a Little FYI..

I had to that to mine I'm running the same thing on my Laptop currently.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Sorry to Jump in but my E-mail notifications have been weird too. I read and delete notification, and they have been coming back, 2 and 3 times. I read and delete today and they show up to.perpetual as New Notifications. This does not happen with any other E-mail I delete.
Also, New post on threads I'm flowing don't send notification for 2 or 3 days, even though my setting is Immediate Notification. I am on an Android and I use Firefox on my 2 desktop computers with Windows 7. It's the same no matter how I check my mail!

Old 02-02-2014, 09:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

@03SSLE - I just sent an e-mail to a contact within Internet Brands support regarding your issues. I also provided him a link to this thread. Please let us know if STUMPMI's advice helps resolve any of your issues.

@JC - I know e-mail notifications have gone a bit wacky for me, but shortly after I mentioned something in this thread, they began working again. I gave the link to this thread to the contact within Internet Brands. Hopefully he can help find a resolution to these issues.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Jason, funny thing, I got the notification for your response right away. I Guess the Good Notification Ferry is just checking to see if We are paying attention?

Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM

Hi folks,

03SSLE--I took a quick look into your account here and everything looks ok. I can see your uploaded signature (in the thread and also in the back of VB).

If you want to link the image that you want to use as an avatar, I could try to plug that in for you as well.

I hope STUMPMI's suggestions worked--it sounds like it might be a browser issue.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by IB Jose
Hi folks,

03SSLE--I took a quick look into your account here and everything looks ok. I can see your uploaded signature (in the thread and also in the back of VB).

If you want to link the image that you want to use as an avatar, I could try to plug that in for you as well.

I hope STUMPMI's suggestions worked--it sounds like it might be a browser issue.
what about the email notifications not coming right away? some times they do and then other times even though my email is updating i dont get the notification for a day or 2....

Old 02-03-2014, 05:58 PM

Our email server was attacked last week by spammy hackers (no information was stolen from our servers).

They wanted to use our email servers as their launch platform and queued 800,000+ emails onto our servers. Due to the size of the attack, our tech team could prevent further queues, but couldn't prevent the existing emails from getting sent out, so it's taking a couple days to get the email system sorted back to SOP.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by IB Jose
Hi folks,

I haven't tried to upload anything since you looked at the account, but what about all the info and pics that disappeared? My friends list is empty, all my attachments are gone and some of the pics are gone.

I have also had the problem of no or delayed email notification, but you explained that so it's been resolved.

One of the biggest problems I have with IB forums is the advertising. My browser always hangs when the ad in the header or the one just below the drop down menu try to load. When it does it literally fills my browser history with a URL for the ad. This is not isolated to this particular forum. It happens at ALL the IB forms I go to.

Compatibility mode makes no difference. My browser works fine at any web site or forum I go to with the exception of the IB forums. The browser/history problem has been ongoing for quite some time, but info disappearing from the User CP is a new one...and quite frustrating. Why go through all the time and effort to post info and pics about myself and my car if they are just going to disappear? Since nobody else seems to be having these problems, and there is nothing wrong with my browser it tends to make one wonder. And even if it was a browser problem, how would that relate to info and pics disappearing?

Quick Reply: Sigs, Avatars, garage, etc...