Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   MCF Website Problems & Issues (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/)
-   -   Sigs, Avatars, garage, etc... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/sigs-avatars-garage-etc-47100/)

03SSLE 01-29-2014 05:12 AM

Sigs, Avatars, garage, etc...

Any particular reason some of the options in the User CP keep disappearing and reappearing? The other day I attempted to change my avatar and sig pic and those options were not available. I checked yesterday and the options were back, but even though my CP shows the pic I uploaded for my sig was successful it does not show on the forum. I attempt to upload an avatar and it won't accept a pic - even though it does not exceed the max pixel/mb limitation. I attempt to post pics in my garage and they are rejected...again being within the limitations of the forum. Some of my posts are not making it to the forum (even though they DO NOT violate any forum policies. Some posts don't show, only to show up at a later time. Oh, and it appears that my friend list has also been completely deleted...what's up with that? Are you trying to tell me something?

ChibiBlackSheep 01-29-2014 06:09 AM

We aren't actively doing anything in the profile section.

What browser are you using?

turbo monte 01-29-2014 06:10 AM

:( sorry to hear your having these issues. Mine has been working fine that I know of.

Leprechaun93 01-29-2014 06:26 AM

I see your signature in your profile, is it just not set to show when you post?

Taz 01-29-2014 06:49 AM

There's profile pictures, then there are avatar pics. Two separate things.

There's an option in your CP where you can choose if you want your signature to automatically be posted in all your posts.

Also, if you have the latest version of Internet Explorer, you have to go into compatability view and put www.montecarloforum.com as one of the sites. Don't know why it's like that. Must be something to do with vBulletin operating system.

ChibiBlackSheep 01-29-2014 07:24 AM

I was in his profile checking things out, all of his settings look correct. There was no [sigpic] tags in his actual signature, so I added those, but that didn't work either.

I'm a little stumped on this one.

Also remember it's max pixels AND max file size. If it hits just one of them, it will fail. I don't know if that's the case or not. It's not a simple /or/ statement

Can you try deleting your signature picture and uploading it again?

03SSLE 01-29-2014 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 593748)
We aren't actively doing anything in the profile section.

What browser are you using?

I tried with Win 7 IE11, XP with IE9 and a laptop also running XP. Same result each time. :confused: The other day only about half the options in the left column were visible. They are today, but haven't tried them all yet.

Well looky there...it shows now...thanks. :)

The_Maniac 01-29-2014 11:47 AM

Sorry to jump in late, but I had a little time to dabble on this.
-First, I changed the image from a PNG to a JPG (the JPG was much smaller in size, but seems to have the same quality).
-Second, I changed the [sigpic] tags to all caps (incase vBulletin is opting to be case sensitive).
-Third, I toggled the display sig off, saved and then display sig on and save. Sometimes in the GUI you see what you think should be set, but on the back end, where the option is stored, something is "corrupt", changing/saving/changing-back/saving sometimes forces the "corrupt" setting to re-write.

Now, as for the friend list, I have no idea what would have caused that to disappear or how to get it back.
Also, I don't know what would cause a problem with posting to different threads.
I suspect Internet Brands has been under going some maintenance (as my e-mail notifications the last couple of days have not been working as normal.

The only other thing we could do is contact Internet Brands for assistance on this matter.

turbo monte 01-29-2014 12:29 PM

Jason funny you mention about email notifications.... mine has not been working right either but I thought it was just my phone messing up.... I guess its the site and not my phone lol

ChibiBlackSheep 01-29-2014 12:54 PM

Unfortunately we don't have access to A LOT of stuff that I wish we did.

So some things we do need to take to IB