Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Why Chevy does not offer navigtion Sys. in their Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Default RE: Why Chevy does not offer navigtion Sys. in their Cars?

Looks real good, your friend has got some talent. I think I would rather have it indash. I want something that is GPS, DVD and CD player all in one.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

I think GM doesn't usually put nav systems in Chevy cars because of their hirarchy of vehicle lines.
1. Cadillac
2. Buick
3. Pontiac
4. Chevrolet
5. Saturn
I think they see the nav system as something to make you buy a more expensive model.
Right on the money here. It will filter down, but will take time.

I love my DVD player as I was able to put the backup camera in for $60 and works great at night as well.

Just holding off on the GPS, but I could really use it soon with all the traveling I've been doing lately.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:24 AM

Some idiot, in an Escalade, who got lost on the way to a wedding he was late for ... got so distracted by the GPS he blew through a Stop Sign and killed a mother and her two kids in a Honds Civic.

Anything that takes your eyes off the road is a bad idea!

Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

Some idiot, in an Escalade, who got lost on the way to a wedding he was late for ... got so distracted by the GPS he blew through a Stop Sign and killed a mother and her two kids in a Honds Civic.

Anything that takes your eyes off the road is a bad idea!
That is kind of a big statement to make. I agree the person should not have been using the GPS while driving. They should have stopped and played with it. But "Anything that takes your eyes off the road is a bad idea!" quote is really big. Maybe we shouldn't have kids that holler allowed in cars because they take your eyes off the road....

If it was a 2 way stop I can see where it couldn't be avoided at all. But at 4 way stops whichI see alot of, I make it a point to wait to see oncoming traffic at least slow down before pulling out. I honestly can't count how many times I've saved my car from an accident. I actually get kudos from friends that talk about my "weird" driving habits as I'm a very defensive driver.