Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Why Chevy does not offer navigtion Sys. in their Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Default Why Chevy does not offer navigtion Sys. in their Cars?

Considering that is 2008 and GPS systems and devices are so common now a days. How come chevy does not offer it as an option in none of their cars? Onstar does have Turn By Turn directions but still. I know the Tahoe has a dvd based gps system.
Most imports do have it as an option in their cars. Can't Chevy put in a system for a Caddy? The Optinal system might cost more than a Tom Tom or a Garmin. But you winshield will be free of another obstruction you know. Do you think this maybe could help with sales? I think it might especially with the new Malibu that Chevy is promoting so hard.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Default RE: Why Chevy does not offer navigtion Sys. in their Cars?

I've seen that the GPS, indash system from the Buick Lucerne will fit right in our cars. But yeah do agree, I think they should have the option for GPS in every car they come out with. A lot of people like it. I'm thinking about putting the Lucerne one in my car.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Factory GPS systems are ridiculously priced. In Canada, this can be a $3000 option. If the car companies would put them in for $300-$400 it would be nice to have but the factory units are just way overpriced.

Unless you are a salesman, driving to "new" places a lot of the time, I just can't see the worth of the things. I saw a commercial this weekend on TV, for the Garmin models, and it showed a woman taking her kids to a sports park of some kind to play little league something or other, then it showed her on the way home, and asking the GPS to locate a Chinese food restaurant.

Unless that park was in another city, and she had never bought Chinese food take-out before, the GPS system to locate these things seems a bit of overkill to me. Hell, I'll ask directions, it will be a lot cheaper than the GPS unit. I do however like the back-up camera idea, which is usually a part of the GPS package. I think that is a good idea.

The NAV system, unless as I said, you are going to be using it regularly, is more of a gimmick. A high priced one at that. A lot of money to pay for the very odd time I would use it.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:25 PM

[align=center]LK,[/align][align=center]OnStar has [/align][align=center]

Driving Directions[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]for select GM Vehicles.[/align][align=center]Just push the little button : ) & a Sexy Operator will[/align][align=center]tell you how to get to Hooter's : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link to read about `it.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/index.jsp[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]aaaah, there it is, Thanks OnStar : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/DE53FA4AA95848EA8A4428F335A47E58.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM

Space,
I know where every hooters is located in a 100 mile radious from where I am at. LOL I can go there in my sleep LOL.
Especially around March Madness. LOL.
I only got my first route for free with on star I think I have to upgrade to a different plan to use it all the time. I haven't used the free one yet either.

Revitup Faster,
When you have the ability to look stuff up so fast you will use it more and more, just don't rely on it too much LOL. In Europe they are having the problem where people listen to the GPS too much and drive into Houses, stores, etc. LOL.

I have a Car PC for the GPS functionality of it. I am jst kind of tired of the Touch Screen That blocks my vent, in the center of the dash. I wish I had an option to upgrade with a factory system, but I don't.
I have hadmycurrent set upsince my 05 LS, it looked cool in that.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:04 PM

i think the new CTS has a nav system in it as an option. saw a commercial during the pats and eagles game yesterday. i liked the slogan too ..."When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"

i'll hafta find it somewhere here at the dealership and see if it was a cts or not that had it. but it was def. the full load one.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:11 PM

[align=center]Call Hooter's, they will give you Driv'indirections[/align][align=center]to their nearest location. [/align][align=center][:-]Oh, WoW [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click me, or call me[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.hootersair.com/[/align]

Old 11-05-2007, 01:19 PM

Agree I like that slogan too. Plus I like the Hooters one 2

Old 11-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think GM doesn't usually put nav systems in Chevy cars because of their hirarchy of vehicle lines.
1. Cadillac
2. Buick
3. Pontiac
4. Chevrolet
5. Saturn
I think they see the nav system as something to make you buy a more expensive model.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:45 PM

you can have gps in your car i have it!!! check it out i got my friend to do it all for me he fiber glassed it in!....its in my photo gallery if you wanna check it out

Quick Reply: Why Chevy does not offer navigtion Sys. in their Cars?