General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Who here bouth their Monte brand new/slightly used and why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Who here bouth their Monte brand new/slightly used and why?

We all love our Montes right? Well what I was wondering is why (if you bought it brand new) did you? What attracted you to it? I read a lot of threads about many wising they were RWD so it was in my mind of why buy it over a nice Camaro or something that is RWD? For winter use also? I think I told the story once but what attracted me to Montes was when I was younger about 12 I think I was riding my bike and saw a brand new blue SS Monte sitting at NAPA and I loved everything about it. I'd always wanted one. Sadly when I ahd a chance to buy a good one (would have been in 09) I had totally forgot about them by then since where I lived was littered with Eclipses, Grand Am GTs, Grand Prixs and Civics. So when I'd got my check for child support back payments in 09 woth $10,003 I stupidly went out and bought a 03 Grand Am GT with 75k for $8,000 in a rush since I hated my 97 Sebring so bad. Not that it was too stupid since I never had an ounce of trouble the whole time I owned the car but I didnt shop around or even drive it I just flat out bought it. THANK GOD it turned out to be a good car.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Mother's dream car was ALWAYS a Monte Carlo. We were never well off, but we save and save and save for what we want.

In 99 we saw the redesign, and my Mom said this was the car she is getting. It was always known that I was going to own it 4 years later so she let me have 100% of the choices for what the car looked like.

In February of 2000 we custom ordered it from GM.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 PM

I bought my 2001 in April to be a 2nd car. My son had one and it went good in the snow. It was also a clean rust free Florida car with 34k.

Then I ended up buying the 2002 Dale Earnhardt model in May because I was a fan and it only had 23 miles. I like the body style of the 6th Gen (not that I don't like the others I had a 74 too).

Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
My Mother's dream car was ALWAYS a Monte Carlo. We were never well off, but we save and save and save for what we want.

In 99 we saw the redesign, and my Mom said this was the car she is getting. It was always known that I was going to own it 4 years later so she let me have 100% of the choices for what the car looked like.

In February of 2000 we custom ordered it from GM.
Nice! When you say her dream car was always a Monte did you mean like the earlier Montes or the Lumina Carlo type? Or just a Monte Carlo in general?

Old 06-03-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
I bought my 2001 in April to be a 2nd car. My son had one and it went good in the snow. It was also a clean rust free Florida car with 34k.

Then I ended up buying the 2002 Dale Earnhardt model in May because I was a fan and it only had 23 miles. I like the body style of the 6th Gen (not that I don't like the others I had a 74 too).
I love the body style too. If you'd had asked me when I was younger if I'd ever get a Monte Carlo I'd have said hell no because at the time the Lumina Carlo style ones was always what had popped in my head. So did you get it because you loved the body style and it is also pratical int he snow?

Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wanted a NEW 1984 Monte SS , but my wife wanted a new 1984 S-10 truck..
So no Monte.. I got my2005 Monte SS used with 15,000 miles..

Old 06-03-2012, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I love the body style too. If you'd had asked me when I was younger if I'd ever get a Monte Carlo I'd have said hell no because at the time the Lumina Carlo style ones was always what had popped in my head. So did you get it because you loved the body style and it is also pratical int he snow?

Yes I got it because I liked the style and it was front wheel drive. My son really likes his too. I had Mustang's and Challengers but could not get out of my driveway in the winter time.

Funny I have not driven either Monte in the snow yet. I keep seeing more on e-bay I would like to get. I like the red SS models and Dale Earnhardt Jr. I just need to stay off ebay for my own good...

Old 06-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry
I wanted a NEW 1984 Monte SS , but my wife wanted a new 1984 S-10 truck..
So no Monte.. I got my2005 Monte SS used with 15,000 miles..
Can't complain with those Miles I would have rather had a Monte than an S10 anyday lol

Old 06-03-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
Yes I got it because I liked the style and it was front wheel drive. My son really likes his too. I had Mustang's and Challengers but could not get out of my driveway in the winter time.

Funny I have not driven either Monte in the snow yet. I keep seeing more on e-bay I would like to get. I like the red SS models and Dale Earnhardt Jr. I just need to stay off ebay for my own good...
I know how that goes I need to stay away from craigslist and findcars.com lol I keep seeing something else I want which I don't need. Me and my fiances newest "want" is a cheap 4 cyl ranger or s10 we had plans of using it to cruise aorund gravels and pick up cans. My uncle does sit with his 4 cyl van and makes 1600 in a month

Old 06-03-2012, 10:46 PM

I've had a first generation Monte Carlo since 1987. I bought my 2004 Dale Jr in Dec, 2009. I was looking for a car that had the 3800 V6 since my ex-wife and I had a 98 GP GT that I loved and I always liked the power and durability of this engine.

I found this car in the local Car finder and looked at it. It had 87,800 miles on it and was a one owner car. I finally broke down and bought it. I don't drive it much. It has 98,000 miles on it now. I like the car but don't really love it. Ever since my fiance bought a 2007 Mustang GT, I want something with a V8. Her Mustang gets 24mpg just like my Supercharged Monte does.

My house will be paid off next year, so a newer V8 performance car may be in my future.

Wayne

Quick Reply: Who here bouth their Monte brand new/slightly used and why?