Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?

[align=center]
[/align][align=center][sm=nxsmile.gif][/align][align=center]Does any member have a bottle on their ?Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]How about any 3.9 Owner's ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've been searching for someone that has installed a[/align][align=center]bottle on a 3.9...If you find one, please post.[/align][align=center]Thanks, `Space : )[/align][align=center][align=center][sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif][/align][/align][align=center]

2006 Chevy Monte Carlo Performance Parts - Nitrous Kits
[/align][align=center]
Nitrous Kits (4)

Nitrous Express Automatic Remote Bottle Opener

NX
Listing Price: $322.00
Selling Price: $234.99

Nitrous Express GenX Accessory Kits

NX
Listing Price: $435.00
Selling Price: $319.99

Universal NOS 05130NOS Single Fogger Nitrous Wet Kit

NOS
Listing Price: $799.99
Selling Price: $589.99

Universal NS Nitrous Oxide Kit

Smmenterprises
Listing Price: $799.99

Old 08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Default RE: Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?

i have 2 space d00d got em here

Chevrolet Parts 1997 Monte Car LS V6 3.1 Chevrolet Nitrous System

says its for the 3100 but it works on the 3400 and 3800 and im sure the 3900 as well

Old 08-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Chris, did you have/install the bottle on your Monte Carlo ?
How much difference did it make in the 1/4 ? How difficult was the install ?
I haven't been able to find the install kit for the 3.9 L
I'll keep searching, and hoping that I find someone that has put a bottle on a 3.9.
Thanks for your post. `Space : )

Old 08-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

are you thinking about putting nitrous in your car space?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 PM

[align=center]Yes Mod `Wiz, in the future : )[/align][align=center]I want to have a bottle B-4 we line our Monte's Up to Race.[/align][align=center]I didn't want you to know : )[/align][align=center]I think your 3.8 SuperCharged Monte with it's torque would pull mine `off the line, but[/align][align=center]`if I had the bottle, I could hitit &`wiz right passed you : ) [/align][align=center]The bottle can knock atleast a second `off 1/4 mile times, & if you get your[/align][align=center]pulley on (someday : ), I need to even things out....[/align][align=center]We are Rac'in for the Pink Slip : )[/align][align=center]Oh, Wow.....2 dare 2 dream : )[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 PM

would say drop the idea of the bottle and get exhaust, intake, and tuning. will not only give a good amount of power, but better fuel milage and there wont be cost of refueling the bottle.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 PM

Not to mention its probably more reliable. Nitrous can be VERY effective as a power adder, providing it is installed correctly and tuned accordingly. If not, the engine may lean out and cause major damage... Such as intake manifolds being blown off on a friend of mine's 5.0 mousetang....

lol

Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Yes Mod `Wiz, in the future : )[/align][align=center]I want to have a bottle B-4 we line our Monte's Up to Race.[/align][align=center]I didn't want you to know : )[/align][align=center]I think your 3.8 SuperCharged Monte with it's torque would pull mine `off the line, but[/align][align=center]`if I had the bottle, I could hitit &`wiz right passed you : ) [/align][align=center]The bottle can knock atleast a second `off 1/4 mile times, & if you get your[/align][align=center]pulley on (someday : ), I need to even things out....[/align][align=center]We are Rac'in for the Pink Slip : )[/align][align=center]Oh, Wow.....2 dare 2 dream : )[/align][align=center]~ Peace ~[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

that would make a really good race, but i think you'd smoke me as soon as you hit that button

Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 PM

We installed a Zex Wet kit with a 75 shot.....Didn't really improve much.....noticed it....ran a consistent 15.3-15.8 in the 1/4. Real simple install. Best bet with nitrous is to get progressive controller. Make your juice work like a turbo, plus you won't have to accomadate the engine for it. If we had known this $15,000 ago.................

Old 09-10-2007, 10:14 PM

The progressive spray's will help limit the effects on the engine, but I don't think would be hugely beneficial if you're not getting a really big spray kit. From what I've read, the progressive modules are if you're only adding nitrous ( a'dry' kit) and not if they're a combination of nitrous and fuel (aka "wet" or "fogger" kits)

One thing I want to note, per GM they designed the 3900 for future upgrades of larger displacements, etc. So the bottom and top end should handle nitrous ok as long as you're not going over the 75 HP kits. I - to be safe - would only run the 50 HP kits. Then I'd set it up so that the kit would not activate until 3600 RPM or later, that way if there is any sort of miniscule hiccup when the variable intake activates you don't have to worry about it.

I wouldn't spend the money on a progressive one, since the wet kits automatically add the correct amount of fuel, and they all have safety switches to kill the NOS if you get off the throttle.

Note, if you can afford it, look into a dual-stage, in first there's only a few seconds after 3600 RPM... and in second there's a bit longer, but you'd have to have the kit setup for it. That way when you have it on, no buttons, it just automatically comes on at 3600 RPM and above when at WOT.

I think this would add the most HP, without blowing our transmissions/engines. I should also note, I wouldn't consider this without the post-cat O2 sensor eliminated and a performance intake/exhaust. You should be ok with stock headers and mufflers, but I would get a high flow cat, and delete the resonater for sure. Probably wouldn't cost more than a pair of mufflers, and it'd be good to have the stock mufflers, need some backpressure in the system.Plus it'd be a true "sleeper" Sound would be improved with the high flow cat and resonater delete.

I must mention, next timeyour 3900 is up on a lift, look at the catalytic converter. Unlike earlier cars this thing is like angled to go above the engine cradle thing... so for a shop to put it in is gonna be kinda tough, because they have to get the ends angled, because there is hardly any room to work with.

Quick Reply: Does any Member have a bottle on their Monte ?