Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

why do people not take care of their cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Default why do people not take care of their cars?

even if you dont have a nice car, you should still take care of it and maybe it wouldnt be so crappy. lol

what sparked this was... i saw my cousin going down the road today.

he drives an old beat up 70's Monte Carlo. looks just like the red one in the top right corner of the forum. anyways... the car is my great Grandmas. she bought it new. its yellow with a black vinyl top and black vinyl interior with swivel seats. up until the time she passed (which has been years. early 2000's) the car looked like new. it sat in her garage almost its whole life. it was perfect. but he got it upon her passing, and has completely destroyed it. the paint has faded and chipped. its dented, the front end was missing for a long time. the vinyl on the top is gone, and its just a sad sight.

sorry for the rant, but some things just ruffle my feather too much to let go

Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

some people aren't car people and they just don't care. My friend never took good care of his cars till he just got hes 05 Cadillac. Now he's a changed man because he really likes it to look nice.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 AM

Q.: Why don't people take care of their cars ?

A: Some people just don't care I don't know why ?

From my experience, I've noticed that those that don't have to give `up to get their cars, don't seem to care or take pride in their possessions or themselves...

I have found those that had to work hard (give up to get) their cars (MonteCarlo: ), have pride & take care of their investment....

I hate seeing nice rides being abused & not appreciated 4-Sure....That's all that falling outa my empty space brain this early morning hour of a new day....
<..>Some People really get upset when they see an abused car....

Why, oh why don't they take care of their Monte Carlo's

Peace/out

Last edited by Space; 06-26-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM

I don't understand it either. Especially when I see people driving cars that cost $40K and up, and they don't take care of them. Where I live, it seems like almost everyone is driving around in an Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, BMW or Mercedes. I look at some of these cars on the road, and they're dirty, sometimes have scrapes on the doors or bumpers, and sometimes the back bumper is all dinged up and scratched. But I think that the people around here who drive those cars really aren't car people. They buy them not because they're driving enthusiasts who really enjoy getting behind the wheel of their cars, but because they want to fit in; they have to show everyone else that they've got the money to buy these cars. It's all about status. Like Space said, they don't really give up or sacrifice to get the cars... money comes easy (too easy, if you ask me) to them, so they don't really appreciate what they have. Instead of putting in a little elbow grease once in a while and getting out and washing, waxing, etc, when their cars get a little banged up, they'll just go out and get a new one.

All the more reason why I like driving my American-made Monte Carlo: because it's not what all of the stuck up, self-important a$$holes around here drive.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:15 PM

XX^^2 myfirstbowtie said.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:06 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

A lot of people have a really crappy attitude on cars. A few friends of mine have nice cars and they NEVER wash them. They ask me why I would wash it if it just gets dirty again.

I guess thats why they stink.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

the trend these days are just to drive the car for 3-5 years not ever clean it and get a new one. The cars i have been getting lately in my detail shop have been terrible...and i bet not cleaned once in all the years the ppl owned them.

example: 2008 Dodge Caravan only 35000 miles i had to clean on tuesday of last week..seats are supposed to be very light grey
drivers seat

3rd row seats

it was gross for sure...i have some after pics too if anyone would be interested in seeing how it came out

Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
A lot of people have a really crappy attitude on cars. A few friends of mine have nice cars and they NEVER wash them. They ask me why I would wash it if it just gets dirty again.

I guess thats why they stink.
Why eat if I'll just get hungry again.
Why go to bed if I'll just wake up again.
And so on...

It wouldn't get dirty if they kept it relatively clean all the time.

I am just going to assume you've told them all of this and they look at you like you're speaking Arabic.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Ohh man I'm the same way. I hate it when people have nice cars & don't take care of them! All of the Pace Car Editions I see around here look neglected which is sooo depressing =(

Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I hate wen ppl dont take care of there cars, especially new ones, ive seen some '10 & '11 vehicles just trashed on the inside

Quick Reply: why do people not take care of their cars?