Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

sound system question about amplifiers PLEASE HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by blackmonte781
well my montes stock everything except for the exhaust and looks now, but what kind of upgrades do u have to help the dimming issues? i was just going to get the Big 3 done...any ideas of how much that job would even cost?
you'd pay somebody to do a big 3? why? your just attaching 3 wires..i bolted mine to the engine header on 2 of the bolts, and tied them in on the bumper.

its pretty hard to see, but they're their.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:51 AM

hey new to the monte forum and everything involved lol but what is the big 3 and what would be a good battery to use i saw that another guy mentioned he had a 900cca battery is that just a good all around battery?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by dandog1718
hey new to the monte forum and everything involved lol but what is the big 3 and what would be a good battery to use i saw that another guy mentioned he had a 900cca battery is that just a good all around battery?
yeah thats a good battery, i like the diehard platnums thats what i have. allow of the guys around here like the yellowtops,im not sure what those are. but your looking around 200$ for a GOOD battery. mine was 200$ on the botton. Kinetik, SHURiKEN, those are your best car audio batterys. i forget the size of our batterys, but i think maybe group 34? any car place could tell ya.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
you'd pay somebody to do a big 3? why? your just attaching 3 wires..i bolted mine to the engine header on 2 of the bolts, and tied them in on the bumper.

its pretty hard to see, but they're their.
You missed one....you didn't upgrade the alt to battery power wire, that's the main one!

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
yeah thats a good battery, i like the diehard platnums thats what i have. allow of the guys around here like the yellowtops,im not sure what those are. but your looking around 200$ for a GOOD battery. mine was 200$ on the botton. Kinetik, SHURiKEN, those are your best car audio batterys. i forget the size of our batterys, but i think maybe group 34? any car place could tell ya.
No yellow top for me, I run MK Battery deep cycle for my audio.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 AM

yellow tops refer to OPTIMA batteries!
theyre really good batteries!my friends have had some in their cars with 2000w hifonics amps and amps for their highs without any dimming issues.
there are also red tops

ive been thinking about getting one because my whole electrical system was dimming badly.im talking about my tail lights, gauge lights, stock head unit lights, basically all the control lights in the car were dimming.except for the HIDS!lol
so, in fear of frying the alternator, i decided to disconnect the amps until i get a better battery or upgrade the alternator.

Last edited by 02montecSS; 03-16-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by DBS MC
You missed one....you didn't upgrade the alt to battery power wire, that's the main one!

No yellow top for me, I run MK Battery deep cycle for my audio.
nope, its upgrade since theirs already 8 gauge thats ran stock, and it ran through the starter, i had to just run a 2nd line, so i just ran a 2 gauge since i already had the 8 gauge.