Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Thanks for wasting my weekend Advance Auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Thanks for wasting my weekend Advance Auto

I went into advance auto on friday to buy a couple parts I needed. I needed two of one part and they only had one so I went to talk to one of the employees. I asked if they had any more in stock. They said they did but it was being unloaded and should be in by saturday morning. So I left and came back saturday morning. They didnt have it. Saturday afternoon, they didnt have it. So this morning I went in and when it wasnt on the shelf I went and talked to the same employee and asked where the part was. They said they didnt have it in but could order it. Thanks alot advance auto. Now not only did I waste my weekend waiting for a part they didnt actually have, but I wasted the time I could have used to go somewhere else and get the part. Of course advance auto is the only parts store in the area open on sunday so I cant go anywhere else until monday.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

That sux man. I'm in retail sales and i would never give people the run around telling that i have something and i really don't.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:53 AM

Hey `Matt, Bummer = Watse Time = Waste `Life
I suggest sending advance auto parts a bill....For your time/gas/expectations of service....Send 2 their Hqs. : )

Now, if your glass is half full, instead of empty, you could just think ; WoW, I got 2 drive my awesome Monte again, & I know that being and living in America that we have it better then over 95% of the people that R liv'in on Planet `Earth.

I just heard on the radio where kids our age were expecting their
first meal in a few days, and it did not appear...."Failed Expectation 4-Sure" ...

But, if your glass is Half Empty, Protest around the Auto Parts Store, do burn outs in their park'in lot, Write the Owners of the Corporation....Find the incompetent employee & kick his azz : ) lol, let it stress U `out and block out the good in life....

..WoW, I have 2 stop work'in so many hours : ) lol
`Matt, I hope U get the parts you need...Good Luck

Old 05-24-2009, 12:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've recently had a similar situation with a different large chain. With the bad experiences I've had at this C. Q. chain, and A. Z., and A. A., I've pretty much settled in on the fact that no matter which auto manufacturer your auto parts supplier sponsors, I'm going to get the good stuff, with the best and most knowledgeable customer service. And I'm finding that on an average, the costs are about the same, especially when certain items are on HUGE discount sales.

My parts? I go to NAPA. I get tired of dealing with idiots.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:39 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

There is a great autoparts store not too far from me (about 2 towns to the east of where I live). It's a Car Quest but the guys that work there have been there forever and they really know there stuff!

Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 PM

5 Year Member

I actually like Advance auto. The one at home is one of the best auto parts stores around. The people are knowledgable and the parts are always in stock. If you get a bad product they take it back no questions asked. The one up here at school is a different story. If there were other auto parts stores in the area, I wouldnt go back to this advance auto.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your wasted weekend.

I think Space pointed out a good point in the fact you got to drive your Monte yet again.

Even if the trip was sort of wasted.

I've had some bad experiences with just about all the parts stores near me at some point in time.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:39 PM

damn man i'm so sorry...i am pissed at the post office right now, i am waitin for my freakin headers to come in and they were shipped a week ago.... how long are they supposed to take to come in? they said 3 to 5 days.... okay its been six business days... what the hell?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

seeing that it is a holiday, your defiantely not getting them today, sorry, just had to mention that. see ya

Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 PM

5 Year Member

I usually give it at least a week for a part to be shipped. Unless you ship it priority, their claims of shipping time are never accurate.

Quick Reply: Thanks for wasting my weekend Advance Auto