Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Interior Build: Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Barovelli
The pipe organ speaker covers were always circled in my JCWhitney catalogs. I also liked the spotlights, had to have twin spotlights. But back then, first I had to get a car..
I used to enjoy looking and dreaming what to do with all the stuff I had book marked in the JC Whitney Catalog. Almost like getting a Sears or Penny's Christmas Catalog.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Smile So you can't never have enough Cup Holders

So you can't never have enough Cup Holders in these cars they shorted them big time. To I took one of the extra Cup Holder bars you can get at Wally world and instead of leaving it to cut up and scratch the seats and console I wrapped it in some of the Leather from the Jacket that I repurposed.
I picked up the Oreo cups at a Gun Show of all places, they expand to the size of a small solo cup.

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3596.jpg  
Old 06-17-2017, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
Cool Carbon Fiber wrap

Carbon Fiber wrap I applied tot he door & glove box trim. I found some interesting Chevrolet Bowtie seat belt covers, so I was able to use them with the repurpose look.

The Glove Box trim in Carbon fiber is the only place on the car that has a Monte Carlo emblem and this one I retrieved from a 6th Gen at the salvage yard.

The Door trim has the carbon fiber look as well and I placed a version of my own design SS and #3 badges on the door.

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3458.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3594ss.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3597.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Finally got the project completed

Finally got the project completed
The floor mats are in and were are ready to take it for a ride.

A view of the passenger side Check the Monte Carlo TAZ hat on the Dash

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3431.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3432.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3587.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3601.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

A little walk around
The Console front cover where the CD's can be stored

Glove Box dash insert is a wrap with Carbon Fiber
( I did acquire a Monte Carlo 6th Gen. glove box emblem)

A modified Cup Holder

In the back seat

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3426.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3446.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3590.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3596m.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3593.jpg  

Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3450b.jpg  
Old 06-22-2017, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

After it is all said and done I was able to cannibalize 8 donor Cars. Out of the eight there was only 2 that were the same color as mine.
The new carpet I purchased from a vendor on ebay the color is nice and the fit was really good I mentioned the Carpet and gave a link in an earlier post.
I snagged a nice amount of parts from a 1998 Green LS.
The 6th gen wheels I found online at ebay back in 2011.
Sad thing is most of the upgrades very few folks will recognize and won't make much difference at any car show.
All said an done it is still an all stock class Monte Carlo.

So now I will move on to another project for this Car and that is to get a new hood with a scoop on it. I need to find a Monte or a Lumina possibly a Black hood then install and mount the hood scoop from another GM car. Then paint it Black and I want to make a little custom paint on it as well. I have a couple of designs floating around in my mind and will most likely have some Red, Grey and Silver in it. Then the clear coat and install it. Goal is to finish it in August sometime.

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3448.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3440.jpg  
Old 06-26-2017, 12:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Regardless of who notices your upgrades and improvements, there is one guy who counts if they notice and enjoy them, and that's you. I have made plenty of tiny changes in my Monte over the years and many are never noticed. But what I care about, I know mine is personal to me and has things that stand out above the rest.

And looking at your efforts with your Monte makes me realize, all the years I have gone to the GM/Chevy Nationals in Carlisle PA, never do we see a 5th gen Monte. Someone needs to bring one in and represent that generation. Drivernumber3, I think you need to make some travel plans for you and your Monte my friend!!!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Regardless of who notices your upgrades and improvements, there is one guy who counts if they notice and enjoy them, and that's you. I have made plenty of tiny changes in my Monte over the years and many are never noticed. But what I care about, I know mine is personal to me and has things that stand out above the rest.

And looking at your efforts with your Monte makes me realize, all the years I have gone to the GM/Chevy Nationals in Carlisle PA, never do we see a 5th gen Monte. Someone needs to bring one in and represent that generation. Drivernumber3, I think you need to make some travel plans for you and your Monte my friend!!!

Yeah, maybe so but that is a long drive.
Last year I went with the wife to Pittsburg, PA to a convention she had there and that was a long drive, we also went to Gettysburg and the flight 93 crash site. Then back thru Ohio to Dayton to the Air force Museum, then to Indianapolis, and finally she dropped me off in St. Louis, MO where I was working. That was another long drive for sure.
I thought about the Monte Nats. in Piqua, OH and that is 840 miles for me.
Maybe I could just send photo's??
Might be different if there were more folks that made that run from here to travel with.
My wife hates the Monte wishes I would sell it she hates it when I pay the Garage Rent every month.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
My wife hates the Monte wishes I would sell it she hates it when I pay the Garage Rent every month.
There are certain times when you need to keep your pants on....One of those times is when you're the one wearing the pants in house. Way to stand up for what you believe in man.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

And looking at your efforts with your Monte makes me realize, all the years I have gone to the GM/Chevy Nationals in Carlisle PA, never do we see a 5th gen Monte. Someone needs to bring one in and represent that generation. Drivernumber3, I think you need to make some travel plans for you and your Monte my friend!!![/QUOTE]

I don't know if you get the opportunity to see the Velocity Channel or not but one of my favorites is Chasing Classic Cars .
So one of these days Wayne is going to be out there hunting down a 5th Gen Monte Carlo.
Might be on the Concurs de Monte Carlo
Actually I think it would be fun to make that Trip.
But it would be best to convoy out with a few other similar rides. Maybe that would work?