Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Interior Build: Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 08:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
I got a Charcoal I didn't think I wanted Black and all Red may have been to much glare. So I went with Charcoal and the link on Ebay is the one I went with. I believe they do them all. It came Molded to the floor style Just get it out of the box after is arrives and set it out.
Then when you take out the old one use it as a template for all the areas that need to be cut open for AC Vents and seat belt bolts and seat blots as well Trim to fit inside the Car. and you are good to go. This one layed down nice and I couldn't be happier.

I am a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff. So pleased is the word.

1995-1999 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO CARPET - ANY COLOR
Wise choice on the charcoal color. Dark colors hide stains well.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Heh -- looks like you can just ask Taz where everything goes in your MC's cabin. Always hanging from the rear-view mirror, he sees everything!
The Taz thing is because of the Monte's use of TAZ as a mascot and they were in a lot of Dale commercials, so I picked them up for an interior show off piece. Some of them are a 3D emblem that were on the Shakespeare tackle box for little kids, and they are really a good looking emblem.

It is pretty interesting to note a few things, like those "rear seat air ducts" that sit right under the front seats. I'm sure they do a great job heating and cooling the rear passengers' shoes!
I had to use this Car once and 3 of us were in it to a Colorado trip and the back seat was no fun.

Then there's the airbag control module (with the yellow wire) under the carpet. On the '95s at least, it sits above the carpet.

It is strange how they will improve some of the changes over the few years between your Car and my Car

By the way, driver3, might your console lid be one of the rare unbroken ones?

The Console lid has the broken tabs inside but fortunately only one is broken and I have the other. I plan to JB weld it but I think if the lid would have been reinforced between the tabs they would have lasted much longer. So I plan to reinforce it in-between. I think what has broken all of them is when you lean your elbow on it, and put some twisting pressure then it snaps. Or it might be when your Girl friend used to slide up on it.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-13-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Doors were the first items I worked on.

Well I decided to do the Door panels, Seat Belts, and the rear Deck also.
The door panels I used from a donor Monte and the lower sections are a leather Jacket that I took apart and glued to the section prior to this it had been tan and had Carpet on it.

With the Door panel off

I put the reclaimed door parts on and glued them in place. once completed I made my own SS door badge and then used a #3 ornament from a collectable I had to apply to the door. Then I applied a Carbon Fiber wrap to the wood grained door trim, This is a newer style and the older trim had a crack in it.
Finally with the new skins on made for a nice transformation.

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-99ongrass-019.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_0395.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3592.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3594.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-13-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:44 PM

Those console lids don't actually break all that often.

You want broken console lids, try an 01-03 Aurora.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 96z34man
Those console lids don't actually break all that often.

You want broken console lids, try an 01-03 Aurora.
Just the Hinge

Old 06-13-2017, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Back in the Day I had a 1963 Impala SS and so did a buddy of mine he had these real cool Speaker Covers in his back deck and I always wanted them. I couldn't find them anywhere back then. So I was on e bay one day and some one had them and I just had to have them so you can see them in my rear deck. Organ pipe speaker covers they are a lowrider thing now.
But they are kool!!

Organ Pipe style all chrome.

Then I always envied you 6th and 7th Gen rides that had the Trunk Lid covers and I tried to create one with very little success and then some one told me to use that Dale #3 Rug and it worked out great.

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3428.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3434.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3577.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-15-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Continuing with the build photo's

Continuing with the build photo's.
I AM NOT SURE WHY THE PHOTO'S ARE NOT SHOWING UP?

1. A view of the Front seat and new carpet all trimmed up

2. A view of the Front seat and dash panel steering wheel

3. A view of the front of the console

4. A view of the back seat with the New Carpet in Charcoal

5. Trim above the Glove box is no longer the burl wood effect it is now a Carbon fiber look.

Attached Thumbnails Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3579.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3593.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3581.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3580.jpg   Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats-img_3458.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 06-20-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Photo's don't show up.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Back in the Day I had a 1963 Impala SS and so did a buddy of mine he had these real cool Speaker Covers in his back deck and I always wanted them. I couldn't find them anywhere back then. So I was on e bay one day and some one had them and I just had to have them so you can see them in my rear deck. Organ pipe speaker covers they are a lowrider thing now.
But they are kool!!
The pipe organ speaker covers were always circled in my JCWhitney catalogs. I also liked the spotlights, had to have twin spotlights. But back then, first I had to get a car..

Old 06-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

That carpet looks great! It refreshes the look of the whole interior.

Nice job

Old 06-16-2017, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Thanks

Originally Posted by plumbob
That carpet looks great! It refreshes the look of the whole interior.

Nice job
Thank you!! It's like a whole new car again. The Seats went back in ok and I just had pretty good luck with the rebuild.