Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Interior Build: Restore and Reinstal wall to wall rugs,belts and seats

Old 08-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jheesh DriverNumber3, look at the magnificent efforts you have put forth restoring and retrofitting your 5th Gen. Wow, where does one begin, the myriad of photos depict a lot of planning, untold trips to savage yards accumulating parts for the big moment. I applaud you, removing all the part in and of itself had to have you sweating up a storm, especially in the Nebraska humidity.

Your vision for a completed project has led you to have a quite stunning Monte for yourself. All those touches, mild, to the quite artsy flair. Your genius repurposing a DE Sr. jacket like you did, what inspired that? You pulled it off quite well, looks really trick.

The carbon fiber wrap gives an up to date, fresh look, you used modest amounts, tastefully placed, sweet. I like the 6th gen emblem, works well located there. I like the fact you have not over adorned your car with Monte Carlo emblems, windshield graphics etc. People need to get up close and personal, taking in your whole build, and there, there all by its lonesome rests the emblem establishing he fact that this is a Monte Carlo.

I think what you claim to have been was a spilt cola is no such thing. Looks like a friking crime scene to me. That was a perk of replacing your carpet, accidents such as this are removed and any lingering odors are gone. Bet every time you open the car door your interior smells awesome. What a hassle removing everything like you had to do. How may hours do you have into this project of yours?

I vaguely remember those speaker covers, looks like something GrandPa from the Munsters would have on his car. LOL, you know you are showing your age installing things like that. Have you or are you at some point upgrading your sound system? You have to have a 150# 25" woofer in your trunk that plays ultra subsonic bass notes, nauseating everyone with in 100 yards of you. Nice touch with them, the chrome bling works well when use in limited décor.

You are not trying to give GM any ideas on how to reduce manufacturing costs with your supplemental seat are you? That is an awesome picture, one for the scrap book. I had an old truck that I drove with a pair of vise grips in place of a steering wheel. After about 1 mile, that as more than enough, plum wore out my biceps. Drove it from the barracks to the on-base auto repair shop at Ft. Sill. You remember those don't you. One could take their car there and work on it with a lift and real tools.

All in all you have one wicked Monte. Congratulations with your finished interior. Has to be a great feeling of personal satisfaction accomplishing this "no small task" which you undertook. Looks awesome, you bumped up you curb appeal by quite a few notches doing what you did.

A hood scoop mod coming up? From what we have seen with your attention to detail, I think we can expect no less effort from you building a fully functional scoop with rain / debris screens, water channels, ram air... Okay okay, no need to go crazy on us.

By the way my girlfriend of 15 years hates my Monte too. She used to love it, but the thrill has long gone. Me on the other hand I live for my Monte, but alas it's usually in the shop getting tweeks done on it. But 1 day, 1 day all the work will be done and then it will get in a serious totaling wreck.

Take care, job well done Sarge!

Old 08-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile another link

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Jheesh DriverNumber3, look at the magnificent efforts you have put forth restoring and retrofitting your 5th Gen. Wow, where does one begin, the myriad of photos depict a lot of planning, untold trips to savage yards accumulating parts for the big moment. I applaud you, removing all the part in and of itself had to have you sweating up a storm, especially in the Nebraska humidity.

Your vision for a completed project has led you to have a quite stunning Monte for yourself. All those touches, mild, to the quite artsy flair. Your genius repurposing a DE Sr. jacket like you did, what inspired that? You pulled it off quite well, looks really trick.

The carbon fiber wrap gives an up to date, fresh look, you used modest amounts, tastefully placed, sweet. I like the 6th gen emblem, works well located there. I like the fact you have not over adorned your car with Monte Carlo emblems, windshield graphics etc. People need to get up close and personal, taking in your whole build, and there, there all by its lonesome rests the emblem establishing he fact that this is a Monte Carlo.

I think what you claim to have been was a spilt cola is no such thing. Looks like a friking crime scene to me. That was a perk of replacing your carpet, accidents such as this are removed and any lingering odors are gone. Bet every time you open the car door your interior smells awesome. What a hassle removing everything like you had to do. How may hours do you have into this project of yours?

I vaguely remember those speaker covers, looks like something GrandPa from the Munsters would have on his car. LOL, you know you are showing your age installing things like that. Have you or are you at some point upgrading your sound system? You have to have a 150# 25" woofer in your trunk that plays ultra subsonic bass notes, nauseating everyone with in 100 yards of you. Nice touch with them, the chrome bling works well when use in limited décor.

You are not trying to give GM any ideas on how to reduce manufacturing costs with your supplemental seat are you? That is an awesome picture, one for the scrap book. I had an old truck that I drove with a pair of vise grips in place of a steering wheel. After about 1 mile, that as more than enough, plum wore out my biceps. Drove it from the barracks to the on-base auto repair shop at Ft. Sill. You remember those don't you. One could take their car there and work on it with a lift and real tools.

All in all you have one wicked Monte. Congratulations with your finished interior. Has to be a great feeling of personal satisfaction accomplishing this "no small task" which you undertook. Looks awesome, you bumped up you curb appeal by quite a few notches doing what you did.

A hood scoop mod coming up? From what we have seen with your attention to detail, I think we can expect no less effort from you building a fully functional scoop with rain / debris screens, water channels, ram air... Okay okay, no need to go crazy on us.

By the way my girlfriend of 15 years hates my Monte too. She used to love it, but the thrill has long gone. Me on the other hand I live for my Monte, but alas it's usually in the shop getting tweeks done on it. But 1 day, 1 day all the work will be done and then it will get in a serious totaling wreck.

Take care, job well done Sarge!
Well thanks for the kind words here, and as a matter of fact the next thing is the Hood scoop here is the link to that discussion.
I am still looking for some paint theme ideas for the Hood and scoop.
The Idea is to take the Monte Hood and marry up a 1970 Z/28 hood scoop to it. I need to shorten it up about 12 inches or so.
I think I need to build a jig for the cutting of the scoop so it all stays even when I cut it.
Got a little sidetracked on my retirement we had a disaster here in Nebraska and I thought what the heck Should help pay for the next 2 modifications and the bathroom remodel project I need to work on.
Most of the stuff I ordered for the remodel was slow coming in so I wanted to do that all at the same time.

The old shower stall built in 1971 was done before the cement board, so I will need to remove the stucco like wallboard and tile. Not looking forward to that demo as the walls around it can not be damaged in the process? Scary? will see.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pa...s-paint-58644/

Old 01-01-2023, 09:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Something new to add to this is some Bowtie headrests that came from a 6th Gen MC and I converted them to fit in my 5th Gen. Found them in a MC at the U-Pull it how lucky that find was. The biggest Challenge is to convert the head rest rods to fit the 5th Gen. about an inch smaller in placement width.
So I opened the headrest at the bottom and cut thru the inside foam and then inserted the smaller rods from my head rests and filled it with window seal foam, then I used shrink film to hold it together until it set up. Turned out really good.

Search this Thread