Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Removing back seat

  #1  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 163
Default Removing back seat

I've got an 02 Monte Carlo. I believe the rear seat is fixed. I'm trying to remove the rear seat. I've got the lower cushion removed. And I've got that small long cushing at the bottom of the back seat removed. And I've got all the bolts/nuts removed along the bottom of the rear seat frame.

I had read you are supposed to lift the back piece up and off. But the thing isn't budging. It still feels like it is bolted down somewhere. How do you get the back part of the rear seat out?
 
  #2  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Franks 03SS's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 4,006
Default

Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
I've got an 02 Monte Carlo. I believe the rear seat is fixed. I'm trying to remove the rear seat. I've got the lower cushion removed. And I've got that small long cushing at the bottom of the back seat removed. And I've got all the bolts/nuts removed along the bottom of the rear seat frame.

I had read you are supposed to lift the back piece up and off. But the thing isn't budging. It still feels like it is bolted down somewhere. How do you get the back part of the rear seat out?
did u remove the other two bolts up top? you should see them on the horizontal plastic trim when u fold down the seats
 
  #3  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by 03limitedss View Post
did u remove the other two bolts up top? you should see them on the horizontal plastic trim when u fold down the seats
Haha. I got it. I was trying to pull down the whole seat, but noticed just the center folds down. Thanks.
 

Last edited by jasonsmith; 11-16-2011 at 07:04 PM.
  #4  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Franks 03SS's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 4,006
Default

Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
I think the seats are fixed. I did try to fold the back part down, but the back part isn't moving.
weird, the two pieced seat is supposed to fold down
 
  #5  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by 03limitedss View Post
weird, the two pieced seat is supposed to fold down
Yeah, I got it. I thought the whole seat folded down which didn't budge. But then found just the middle part folds down via the tabs.
 
  #6  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Franks 03SS's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lakeland FL
Posts: 4,006
Default

Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
Yeah, I got it. I thought the whole seat folded down which didn't budge. But then found just the middle part folds down via the tabs.
lol thats wassup man
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
blackbeauty89
Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics
5
12-06-2012 09:57 PM
BenTheFox150
Monte Carlo Repair Help
8
07-26-2011 12:32 PM
red04montels
General Monte Carlo Talk
7
11-07-2009 08:15 PM
red04montels
General Monte Carlo Talk
0
11-06-2009 03:27 PM
fastback4
Detailing
2
12-21-2008 06:39 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing back seat


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.