Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

possible battery relocation

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Default possible battery relocation

hey guys,
just looking for a little help and advice again. I've been considering relocating my battery to the trunk on my 00ls. I want to gain a little more room for my oil filter relocation/ cooling system and i figure it would fit nicely there. Im also upgrading my battery to a sealed optima red top (which i wont have to worry about vapors with). Currently i have a 10" kicker L5 fiberglassed into the passenger side trunk cubby as you open it (so it looks factory), and im thinking about fiberglassing the battery on the opposite side to balance out the trunk. (my MTX super thunder is mounted to a false wall so you can only see it when the seats are down). My question is have any of you relocated the battery and if so, have you run into any problems? I plan on using 4agu for the primary vehicle wire, but should i go larger to 1/0agu? Any input would be greatly appriciated. thanks.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Default RE: possible battery relocation

...oh and i forgot, my altenator is just the stock 102amp with upgraded power wire and ground (4agu). I have a 7 color led underglow, and about 5amps worth of interior neon/ led lighting.(all run of a standard relay of course)

Old 07-29-2006, 02:02 PM

everything i have seen they use the 01guage.

but as far as doing it it is not that hard just run the wires in a place they are out of the way and not tore up by anything in the car.

sounds like you have a plan i would run with it.

I to have thought of this and also thought or relocateing the computer to the trunck in the factory amp location. so i had room for a water injection kit but as it is right now i dont have the S/C so it would not help to add the methenal to the motor.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:26 PM

do they make an extension harness to relocate the computer as well or would it pretty much be a custom job?

Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 AM

im still trying to locate one if they make it but if not it would be a make your own type thing.

I just dont like it being out under the hood and in the weather as much as it is. when you have the cold air kit on the car.
when it is stock it is coverd up by the factory air box etc... so it is not that big of a deal but when you get the CAI it changes things some. I have also thought of mounting it in to the fire wall on the inside of the car at least it is out of the way and protected some .

Old 07-30-2006, 09:54 AM

If it helps you any, you could always purchase a polycabon tray that encloses the ecu from www.3800performance.com I believe its manufactured by motorsports.