Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): need help with trunk light

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default need help with trunk light

im having a issue with the light in the trunk of my monte. it just doesnt work ive replaced the bulb in it and still doesnt work....is there a certain fuse it would be tied into??? because it seems as tho all the other lights work in my car.....if it isnt a fuse related problem, where would the switch that turns the trunk light on be at??? any help would be appreciated. as this is kind of a weird problem.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Does your dome light work? If not there's a fuse in the passenger side fuse panel labeled TRK/ROOF BRP that protects the trunk and dome light circuits. If your dome light works then the problem is elsewhere.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member

yes dome light works

Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member

noone has any other ideas for me? or even where i can actually find the actual switch that turns this light on or off?

Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member

ok i thought i would get more into the detail of my trunk light problem. i dont have a working trunk light, and do not have a trunk ajar light when the car is on and trunk open. so i tore into the switch. and ohmed out the switch. it works. but i have no power coming to it. via the plug with 2 wires. although it is a 3 prong plug?

where as the actual trunk switch has 3 wires on it. colors are black/red, black, and black/yellow

now when i put my test light into the actual plug for the trunk light itself i have constant power coming out of the orange wire. and nothing on the blue/white

now i have this plug that hangs in my trunk. and has no home. and has the same red/black wire that is at my trunk switch going into it.

i actually have power on 2 of the prongs constant. so i tried running a jumper wire from one of the hot wires to the trunk light/ajar switch. but still doesnt do anything when i trip the trunk switch

so needless to say im very confused. i cant get this figured out for the life of me. yes the dome light works, that is on the same circuit as the trunk. and the remote trunk release works also.....any help, or info would be greatly appreciated. its almost like im missing a wire on the 3 prong plug with 2 wires. its like the trunk switch has no way of sending power out when in the open position. or am i wrong???