Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Monte without the factory amp. . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jester_20
Just looked--no wires on the back dash and none under the center console. Actually took the top of the console out and it gives a lot more access to what's between the plastic walls on the console so maybe I'll just end up mounting the processor there. . . .it'd definitely help with bluetooth range since it's much closer than the trunk would be.
So u dont have speakers in ur rear deck?

Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i've got speakers...just no factory amp in the back dash!

Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jester_20
i've got speakers...just no factory amp in the back dash!
Thats clear, but u just said u dont have speaker wires on ur rear deck. That simply cant be, unless u have those new bluetooth 6x9's

Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by DBS MC
Thats clear, but u just said u dont have speaker wires on ur rear deck. That simply cant be, unless u have those new bluetooth 6x9's
the wires are run on top of the deck.

anyways yeah their are no wires under the center console thats not what we were telling you, we were telling you that the wires can easily be ran down to the center console, once you take out the deck, you'll see. its a stright drop down to the center of the car from the back, and their is quite a bit of room for hands so it should be quite an easy install as far as processors go. but getting the dash off so you can get at the deck, thats a bear. since its all one peice.

first thing you need to do to do this is, remove the center of your key, take your key proper it under the lip of the plastic peice with the lettering, "on, start" so on. prop that off, it will pop right off with the mild easy, doint worry about breaking it, its like 5$ from the dealer. than, their are about 4 screws, ones in your glove box, two are under the steering collom, you'll have to take the gray peice above your knees off, than their will be a screw if i recall. than theirs 1 more by your driver side fuse box, pop that panel off and theirs a screw around the outside edge, you'll see the lip of the paneling wraped around, its that screw, the hex head screws with the phillips head insert. than its all a matter of opop it off, it can be tricky, but just take your time.

once you get so far, you'll need to undo the harness for your 4 ways behind your button, it snaps right out but it can be both painful and a pain in the *** but it can be done with ease once you know how to do it

Old 01-18-2011, 03:51 PM

I've got an 06 so the dash is completely different. I can get the radio/dash out and odds are i am gonna mount the processor under the center console in front of the shifter, >>the thing i was wondering<< is are all the wires for the speakers ran to the rear deck like in my 02, because there was a factory amp mounted between the 6x9's. If that's the case i can just tap into the wires in the trunk and mount it there without messing with any speaker wires in the dash. I'm sure there are the wires for the 6x9's but i'm looking for the whole wiring harness (with every speakers + & -). I thought you meant to look in the middle console for a factory amp.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 PM

Ive explained to you if you cant find the harness than likely they didnt bother running it since it was cheaper and less wire.

far as your dash, the 7th generation monte is far easier than the 6th gen from the appearence i see, likley that faceplace around the radio deck pops off in some way shape or form likley revealing mounting screws. play with it, i dont know how to remove the 7th gen my self but i'm sure it's not hard.

the only alternative place i said the after market amp might be was in your tire well inside your trunk, pull back the fabric.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm just gonna go with no aftermarket amp--one wheel well as the onstar and the other has xm. Just gonna mount it the console. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:49 PM

dont be afraid