Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Monte without the factory amp. . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Monte without the factory amp. . .

Just got an OEM processor (Rockford 3sixty.2) that hooks up directly to the speaker wires from the radio and takes the signal and transfers it to a "flat" signal that's sent directly to the amps. My 06 unfortunately doesn't have the factory amp on the rear deck with the 6x9's like my 02 did but i was wondering if all the speaker wires ran back that far into the car anyways (since that'd make installing the 3sixty ALOT easier). I could always find a place under the dash to "hide" the processor but on the rear deck where the factory amp sits would be way more convenient and look alot better. Anyone know if the speaker wires would be there?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM

if theirs no stock amp than no their would be no reason to run the front speakers through the car and back. but ive never heard of a monte with out the amp stock, so maybe someone took it out you sure its not there? did you check the tire wells along the trunk, maybe they moved it.

i dont get why your using a OEM intergration unit with an after market deck? just run rca's into an EQ and you have the same stuff for half the price.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 01-15-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:10 PM

That's just it--I'm not using an aftermarket deck, I plan on keeping the factory radio while the 3sixty gives it a more "refined" sound. . . the mounting place is still in the rear deck, just no amp. I honestly just thought since they came out with different sound system options, i just had the lesser version (which was fine by me since i planned on changing it all anyways). I'll do some lookin but haven't felt any wires back there yet.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:25 PM

thats odd maybe they made it an option in the 7th gen, im pretty sure they're standard in the 6th gen. hell even the impalas come standard with em.

amyway. put it int he center console. thereses a ton of space around the shifter, i have a bunch of electronics in there, back up battery for my alarm, some units for my deck. that way theirs less fishing so their will be no chance of cross talk.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 01-16-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Yea Im guessing the 7th gen just doesnt come with them. And Ill agree with the center console idea.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM

indeed, look at all this space

Old 01-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Definately some room there--it's where i hid my led box that controls my interior lights. . . . .keeps the trunk and space under the seats nice and "clutter-free" too! how'd ya get the center console out? I just slid everything into place between the plastic and carpet?

Last edited by Jester_20; 01-16-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added question
Old 01-16-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jester_20
Just got an OEM processor (Rockford 3sixty.2) that hooks up directly to the speaker wires from the radio and takes the signal and transfers it to a "flat" signal that's sent directly to the amps. My 06 unfortunately doesn't have the factory amp on the rear deck with the 6x9's like my 02 did but i was wondering if all the speaker wires ran back that far into the car anyways (since that'd make installing the 3sixty ALOT easier). I could always find a place under the dash to "hide" the processor but on the rear deck where the factory amp sits would be way more convenient and look alot better. Anyone know if the speaker wires would be there?
Go take a look right quick

Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Just looked--no wires on the back dash and none under the center console. Actually took the top of the console out and it gives a lot more access to what's between the plastic walls on the console so maybe I'll just end up mounting the processor there. . . .it'd definitely help with bluetooth range since it's much closer than the trunk would be.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM

once you get that black peice off, which is easy as hell, one screw under the rubber mat in the little cubby hole, the whole thing pops out.

their are 4 bolts, you need a rachet with an extensions to get, theirs 2 in front of the shifter and 2 in the center console in the back by the arm rest. you open it up and reach in, i high recommend you take off the flappy part to avoid breaking it, those hinges aren't very strong.

Quick Reply: Monte without the factory amp. . .