PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted: Trunk lid without factory spoiler

Old 05-20-2011, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Trunk lid without factory spoiler

Okay, much to my disappointment Xenon has confirmed that the 4465 spoiler I bought is designed for a trunk w/o a factory spoiler. Since I've already had mine painted, I can't send it back. So I figured the next best thing to do is look for a different trunk lid. Anyone have one laying around? I'd prefer it to be silver and w/o a key hole, local pickup in IL/WI area is also prefered. TIA!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Paul1965
Okay, much to my disappointment Xenon has confirmed that the 4465 spoiler I bought is designed for a trunk w/o a factory spoiler. Since I've already had mine painted, I can't send it back. So I figured the next best thing to do is look for a different trunk lid. Anyone have one laying around? I'd prefer it to be silver and w/o a key hole, local pickup in IL/WI area is also prefered. TIA!
would it not be easier to just get a factory trunk lid with factory spoiler? Or I'm totaly missing your point? Later on. IF. Push comes to shove. I have every thing your looking for in the area your in. EXCEPT! Trunk lid had a factory spoiler, has a key hole. and is black.
Spoiler is Gun metal if you were going to ask.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A trunk lid with a factory spoiler won't work since the Xenon spoiler isn't designed to cover the existing mounting holes. Since there's no good way of filling them in, the best thing is to get another trunk lid. I already have a factory spoiler installed, so your lid wouldn't be any different.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Paul1965
A trunk lid with a factory spoiler won't work since the Xenon spoiler isn't designed to cover the existing mounting holes. Since there's no good way of filling them in, the best thing is to get another trunk lid. I already have a factory spoiler installed, so your lid wouldn't be any different.
Cool. Makes sense. Let me know if any other needs arise. I have lots of quality used MC 6G Parts available