Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

How to bypass 2004 monte carlo factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 AM

yeah, it'll also fit the impala from thos eyears i think.

i have my stock amp from my 04' monte i can sell to you for 50$ shipped.

oh and the speaker deal, it has tweeters up in the front, with the woofers for the high range.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM

ill keep you in mind bro. i got 2 leads in my local craigslist so im going to check them out. i went to junk yard and found one yesterday but its to a 2001-2002 impala and it doesn't fit and i dont really feel like modding it to when i can just get the right one. ALSO that means if anyone needs an impala amp i got one so hit me up!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by mosh3x6
ALRIGHT guys, im new here.. i have a 2004 monte carlo ss. first and only owner. I have never had a problem out of my car until now! I think she's mad ive been gone for 6 months and haven't driven her. when i got home the dash warped up on the passenger side enough its hard to drive and not stare at it, the volume button's paint has totally come off,extra bummer of the day, my GF went to turn on the heated seat for the passenger the switch BROKE in half.. yes it just poof crack right in half.. and the wonderful factory amp decided i dont need to listen to slipknot full blast anymore, so it restricted me to just tweeter like sound out the driver side speakers! checking junk yards tommrow for a new amp and buttons. Im thinking about ripping the whole system out and putting in something after market, if i did this do i still need the amp pack in the back or can i just cut the wires for the speakers and just butt splice them together to continue the circuit?
Holy threadjack Batman! Yeah, u might want to start ur own thread instead of strong arming this one.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by mosh3x6
ill keep you in mind bro. i got 2 leads in my local craigslist so im going to check them out. i went to junk yard and found one yesterday but its to a 2001-2002 impala and it doesn't fit and i dont really feel like modding it to when i can just get the right one. ALSO that means if anyone needs an impala amp i got one so hit me up!
really the impalas don't fit? I could of sworn they were the same unit

Old 01-27-2011, 02:37 AM

well like i said its for a 2000-2002 i think.. i cut the wireing out too incase i felt frisky and wanted to rewire the bad boy. i think one issue is i have onstar and built in phone (wich i dont use either) the amp out the impala has a different plus style for the power (being that it only has two wires on that plug) the other side will match up to my 04 thats why i think if i want to get kinky and rewire it to work with it. FYI i now have a 2000-2002 impala factory amp model number 10309548, not sure if it works due to finding it in a junker. i have no way of texting it

as for hijacking a thread.. OP's issue seemed to be resolved and the dust has settled, i have an issue related to what was posted SO i dont see that's high jacking, more like second handing the thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:22 AM

OK i take it back everyone. let me set the record straight. the impala 2000 and 2001 will not work in the monte carlos years 2002-2005. but as i have learned a 2003 impala had almost he same amp ONLY difference is in the monte carlos it seems we have the nice 4 metal clips for the amp to clip and come right out. the impalas have these 4 plastic screws but will work (i just think my chime is allot louder) anywho, i could not find a monte carlo to save my life. seems impala owners could careless, not as bad as it-MUST-STING owners you find them left and right at the junk yards i went to.
any leads on where i can get heated seat switches? some how mine broke totally in half and i was lucky to find an amp.. nothing i found had heated seats (my gf doesn't like haveing a cold butt and ill be damned if she drives)

Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 AM

no idea about the seats, but what about grand ams? their the same car as well, i dont think they come witht he amps stock but if their added i think they might be interchangable.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Default 01 impala amp 10309548

Do you still have the impala amp, is so I am interested. Have an 01 impala and cannot find a used amp for it
Let me know[
quote=mosh3x6;290665]ill keep you in mind bro. i got 2 leads in my local craigslist so im going to check them out. i went to junk yard and found one yesterday but its to a 2001-2002 impala and it doesn't fit and i dont really feel like modding it to when i can just get the right one. ALSO that means if anyone needs an impala amp i got one so hit me up![/quote]

Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Default no need to bypass stock amp or rewire

Hello all, I'm a newbie here and just installed an aftermarket head unit into my wife's 2004 SS. At first i couldn't get the speakers to put out any sound and i searched and found this thread and others about having to bypass the stock amp. I figured out all you have to do is just hook up the remote wire from your head unit. I used an aftermarket wire harness and all the wire matched up like it was designed to and just went ahead and hooked up the remote wire too. All the other wires are hooked up the same; ground, battery and all speakers hook up by exact color match and so does the remote wire. Using the remote turns on your stock amp and since all the wires are still intact, everything works perfect. So no need to bypass amps or cut and splice wires from the plugs. Saves a lot of time and headaches and system still sounds great since the stock amp is using the High Level inputs which are your speaker wires instead of using the Low Level RCA cables which most head units use for amps. Hope this helps out.