Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID Intensity Choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Guys, I think I need to work on some condensation in the headlights. They're just about starting to get kind of fuzzy. No yellow haze, but there is what appears to be dust on them that's just slightly affecting the light output. Any recommendations for a solution?
Do you have an air compressor?

Take the light off and pull all the bulbs out, then spray in both the turn signal hole and the high beam hole, don't spray too hard, but enough to make all the junk blow out.

Worked great for me

If you can feel it on the outside with your fingernail, you have some sanding and buffing to do lol

Old 08-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Guys, I think I need to work on some condensation in the headlights. They're just about starting to get kind of fuzzy. No yellow haze, but there is what appears to be dust on them that's just slightly affecting the light output. Any recommendations for a solution?
^ Hi `Tyler,
Check out the below `vid & link. I hope it helps with your prob - good luck from `Space

<~Click (about 2 min's)
How to remove moisture/condensation/water from inside your headlights easy. You need to get the moisture out before you seal the leak! http://how-to-detail.com
For the step by step Repair tutorial and Videos go to my site at
Common Problems/Solutions | Auto Detailing, How to detail a car!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:01 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

They looked like a much much less developed version of what's in Space's video. Trewyn, he was using an air compressor in that correct?

Last edited by Dubstepticon; 08-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM

Yes, a air compressor or you could pull them out & put them in your oven What ?
That's what's on the below link, but warning, I've never tried `it (LOL)
How to Remove Condensation From Headlights | eHow.com <~ Click

* I just parked my Monte facing the Sun & that took the moisture out of mine...

Last edited by Space; 08-09-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Zxe bulbs

Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 AM

You most certainly need a harness on 55W, and it's highly recommended that you use one on a 35W too just because the initial power consumption drawn at the start up of the HIDs is much more powerful than the stock wattage. Over a period of time this could damage all the wiring.

Do you mean putting a 55W in the highs and disabling the DRLs? That works either wattage.
I'm eager to order my HID kit and I'm taking all of the info I can get about the safest set up for my car. You recommend a harness for my system. I understand the ballasts needing more power to start initially. I just wonder if you or anyone who has the set up with the harness could post a picture of it so I know roughly what it should look like. I would greatly appreciate it! Happy modding!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by natedawg061987
I'm eager to order my HID kit and I'm taking all of the info I can get about the safest set up for my car. You recommend a harness for my system. I understand the ballasts needing more power to start initially. I just wonder if you or anyone who has the set up with the harness could post a picture of it so I know roughly what it should look like. I would greatly appreciate it! Happy modding!
I just got my DDM 55W 8000k and Amazing , no regrets except why didn't I do it earlier. Definitely order the harness as mentioned better safe than sorry. Do expect about 2 weeks for them to come in. Also if not mentioned your dust/moisture cover, on the back of the housing, you will have to notch out the very center to run the wires and cut a X or + in order to feed the wires.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM

Ordered a 35w 6000k kit for my lows and fogs almost 2 weeks ago. Still waiting on mine from ddm but can't wait

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 PM

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd let everyone know I ordered, received and installed a set of 35w 5000K bulbs from DDM in my Monte. They look phenomenal and I'll post pictures when I get the chance. The only confusion I have with them is that the female plug on the ballasts must've been wired in reverse, because when I plug them in the proper way for the clips to work, the bulbs won't work, but if I flip them around they light up perfectly. Anyone have this experience?

Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 AM

the brand i got (can't remember the name) the 6k looked the brightest with some blue tinting. not a retarded ricey import blue but a fair trade-off for light output

Quick Reply: HID Intensity Choice