Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID Intensity Choice

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Theres a fuse you pull for the running lights on the 5th gen. It'll disable DRL and your auto lights. No issues with lights coming up on the dash. I have 35w 5000k slim kit.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Theres a fuse you pull for the running lights on the 5th gen. It'll disable DRL and your auto lights. No issues with lights coming up on the dash. I have 35w 5000k slim kit.
I'll give that a try. It doesn't change anything else though does it? I just don't want it to cause other problems.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM

As I been following this post I would like to raise a question. Even though 35W works well my thought is if you have the 55W would that not keep your system working proper especially with the DRL and not having to disable your auto lights as well?
It makes sense to me.
If anyone has 55W please let us know.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bait
As I been following this post I would like to raise a question. Even though 35W works well my thought is if you have the 55W would that not keep your system working proper especially with the DRL and not having to disable your auto lights as well?
It makes sense to me.
If anyone has 55W please let us know.
You most certainly need a harness on 55W, and it's highly recommended that you use one on a 35W too just because the initial power consumption drawn at the start up of the HIDs is much more powerful than the stock wattage. Over a period of time this could damage all the wiring.

Do you mean putting a 55W in the highs and disabling the DRLs? That works either wattage.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by superrod29
i also bought from ddm tuning! i bought the relay wiring kit, 55w, 8000 k, brackets, i bought the slim line kit, it works very well. definitely go with the slim line kit fits anywhere!!!! and you do not need the code eliminator kit at all. ive also ad no problem with the local law enforcement, i mean they never pass me, maybe because they dont want there back bumper to melt from my H.I.D.'s :P
Is this the correct relay kit HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
You most certainly need a harness on 55W, and it's highly recommended that you use one on a 35W too just because the initial power consumption drawn at the start up of the HIDs is much more powerful than the stock wattage. Over a period of time this could damage all the wiring.

Do you mean putting a 55W in the highs and disabling the DRLs? That works either wattage.
It would seem that with 55W for your low's your DRL's would still work. So out is the initial load that it's hazardous not the 55W while operating. I can be lazy and I don't want to do a DRL disable from BBEngineering. I can put tape over the sensor but then that looks like crap.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 AM

It would seem that with 55W for your low's your DRL's would still work. So out is the initial load that it's hazardous not the 55W while operating. I can be lazy and I don't want to do a DRL disable from BBEngineering. I can put tape over the sensor but then that looks like crap.
The mod for disablig the DRLs can be found on the forum, and it comes out very clean. The sensor gets removed and then you use the black electrical tape. Simply putting the tape over the little sensor cover certainly looks ugly.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
The mod for disablig the DRLs can be found on the forum, and it comes out very clean. The sensor gets removed and then you use the black electrical tape. Simply putting the tape over the little sensor cover certainly looks ugly.
Is the install from under the dash or do the gauge cluster need to come out.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:47 PM

Is the install from under the dash or do the gauge cluster need to come out.
From member White05LT:

"I tried this mod today and it worked. This solved the Daytime Running Lights problem on my 2005 LT. HOWEVER, it did not removed the "Auto On" Headlights function for nighttime driving. To remove the Auto On function the photo sensor has to be somewhere where there is constant illumination, so it tells the computer its always daytime. Heres the article.

2005 Chevrolet Impala. Simply pull the DRL relay out of the fuse block under the hood and bend over pin 87. Why this works: Pins 87 and 30 are the two pins that are connected together when the relay is energized. Bending 87 over will still let the relay energize but since the pin is bent over, the DRL's don't come on. As long as the computer senses the resistance of the relay coil between the two trigger pins (85 and 86) it thinks all is OK and doesn't set any codes. If you bend over either of the trigger pins like suggested for other vehicles, the computer will display "Service Vehicle Soon" in the info center.
Note: probably works for other model years and for Monte Carlo too."

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Little more complicated than the 5th gen i see We just pull our DRL fuse and you're done.

Quick Reply: HID Intensity Choice