Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

HID Intensity Choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 AM

So the only thing you need is kit, mounting brackets(I've heard that some people use 3M double sided foam tape), heavy duty wire harness and to move the pins on the fuse to disable DRL's. It's there anything else? Buy an extra set of bulbs maybe?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bait
So the only thing you need is kit, mounting brackets(I've heard that some people use 3M double sided foam tape), heavy duty wire harness and to move the pins on the fuse to disable DRL's. It's there anything else? Buy an extra set of bulbs maybe?
Well you shouldn't need an extra set of bulbs, order from DDMTuning because they have a lifetime warranty. Brackets are optional; many people us double sided 3M mounting tape and/or zip ties. Do what you feel comfortable with. The wiring harness will be needed, yes.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM

i just installed the new zxe bulbs from sylvania suppose to give off the intensity of hid's and theyre crazy bright!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Murray137
i just installed the new zxe bulbs from sylvania suppose to give off the intensity of hid's and theyre crazy bright!
Ohhh, you might receive some hate for using those HID xenon look-alikes.... no worries! Sylvania is a solid brand. I really want to install bulbs like that in my DRLs/Highs because the stock bulbs are just too yellow compared to my 6000k's in the lows. Could you please post a picture of the color they output? From the pictures on their website they seem to be lacking the blue-ish tint.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I had blueish lights from sylvania, a little research and they were the silverstar ultras. I havent tried those zxe ones, too much money for something im not sure that will be good. I still have old halogens in my high beams

Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I had blueish lights from sylvania, a little research and they were the silverstar ultras. I havent tried those zxe ones, too much money for something im not sure that will be good. I still have old halogens in my high beams
It's a wide-held belief that HID DRLs/Highs are a bad idea so I figured one of those bulbs would be nice to get the blueish tinge during the day. The amber compliments the blue so nicely when the lights come on!!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:28 AM

Can you give us a good night time pic?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 AM

I can get a picture tonight. They are more white no blue tint to them.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM

I can get a picture tonight. They are more white no blue tint to them.
Pics to come?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Guys, I think I need to work on some condensation in the headlights. They're just about starting to get kind of fuzzy. No yellow haze, but there is what appears to be dust on them that's just slightly affecting the light output. Any recommendations for a solution?

Quick Reply: HID Intensity Choice