Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Can this be removed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 PM

You should point them to the back the difference you will see with the seats up or down depends on how many watts your amp is and how good your subs are when I had my 96 monte I had I payed a lot for them so it was loud as hell I didn't need to fold down the seat if your running a 300 watt amp and 2 12"s then if you fold down the seats it will sound a little better my cuz works at a car stereo one in Ohio so it's gonna depend what you pay for the stereo system

Old 10-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

before i did my fiberglass enclosure in my trunk i had 2 12" JL W3's in a sealed box with a power bass 1200watt amp. had them facing toward the back and with the seats down it sounded SOOOO much better then if they were up.

to release the seat there is a little loop at the top corners of each side you pull them loops and the seat folds right down

Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Alright sorry I've been getting stuff ready

@ the comment about the seats, I had the impression 2000 Monte carlo seats didn't fold down, I've never been in my back seat nor had to have them down,

right now I'm just running a single 15'' in a ported box with a 2000 watt rms 2ohm stable amp

also now here is another question, for my power to the amp the two junctions on the left where the two fuse boxes are(under the hood), which one can I use to power my amp, I seen on a video someone had it on the top one but the positive side from my battery goes to the bottom one, I'll post some pics of the finished product tomorrow when my amp arrives.

Oh and the reason I had the whole about which direction to face the subs is because I've never owned an closed trunk like this I've only had hatch backs (95 Z28,97 Formula) and there was only one way to really but subs in them

Also is it ok the ground to the what I believe to be part of the shock tower it has a nut then a washer then another nut

Last edited by Justin Myers; 10-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Justin Myers
Alright sorry I've been getting stuff ready

@ the comment about the seats, I had the impression 2000 Monte carlo seats didn't fold down, I've never been in my back seat nor had to have them down,

right now I'm just running a single 15'' in a ported box with a 2000 watt rms 2ohm stable amp

also now here is another question, for my power to the amp the two junctions on the left where the two fuse boxes are(under the hood), which one can I use to power my amp, I seen on a video someone had it on the top one but the positive side from my battery goes to the bottom one, I'll post some pics of the finished product tomorrow when my amp arrives.

Oh and the reason I had the whole about which direction to face the subs is because I've never owned an closed trunk like this I've only had hatch backs (95 Z28,97 Formula) and there was only one way to really but subs in them

Also is it ok the ground to the what I believe to be part of the shock tower it has a nut then a washer then another nut
Run the power straight to the POS side of your battery.

For the ground, I would drill a new Ground in your trunk or mine is under my rear seat, towards the back of the bottom pad.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Run the power straight to the POS side of your battery.

For the ground, I would drill a new Ground in your trunk or mine is under my rear seat, towards the back of the bottom pad.

Alright, but if I absolutely needed to could I run that power wire there I'm running 4gage power, because its gonna be a project getting it on the POS terminal on my battery, it looks like a bolt or somethin

Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Wires grounded, everything is ran, now just waiting on the slow *** fedex man with my amp, My question still why cant I run my power wire off the fuse box junction I turned my car on and I'm pulling 11-12volts through that wire

Last edited by Justin Myers; 10-24-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The wire that goes to the fuse box is for the fuse box and if you try to run the 4 gauge wire off that, you will run the chance of burning up that wire and catching your car on fire. It is way better to run it from the battery positive. If you look in the how to section, there is a write up on how to run your positive wire from the battery to your trunk.

Last edited by crazyzach722; 10-24-2012 at 02:25 PM.