Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Back Seat Delete Audio Install Completed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

To answer some questions which I welcome.

1. The Monte was not intended to always be a 'Race" level competition car. She was built to still be a street legal daily driver. Kept the carpet kit / audio system out to have a few runs on the track to see it's potential. But still like to take it cruising and wanted to have a finished interior at some point. Got tired of being eaten up by SRT-8's, Evo's,STI's,Mustang GT-500's and such. So I built this to even the odds on the Friday / Saturday nights.
So I figured it was time to finish the car as a few more pounds wont really hurt the time so very much, it will be what it will be. Least it's been fun, now I want to try and get the car featured in a magazine and need the interior completed for that to be a consideration from what I have been told.

2. The audio will not be removed for races. I can pull the sub easy enough, but I'm done trying to squeak every bit of 1/4 mile time from the car. Want to enjoy a finished car finally. She is still very fast.

3. The head unit is a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. Also installed the MOS4 interface so all my door chimes, steering wheel controls still work with the unit.

The system does sound pretty impressive. Everything is pretty tight, keep my bass level down as it's subsonic frequencies seem to give me a nausea and a head ache effect. Perhaps need to ease into it a bit. UGH!

Just wanted to post a few pictures of one of the many way's there are to install a sub and amp's with a deleted rear seat scenario. I like that the sub slides out for easy removal when required.

Appreciate all the comments from you all, peer knowledge, comraderie and appreciation is why we are here. You all are awesome!!

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 05-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.