Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

question bout u-bend delete and resonator delete??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Default question bout u-bend delete and resonator delete??

i wanna get a u-bend and resonator delete... but also get my muffflers took off.. but i was wondering which would send better too do the ubend and res. or just mufflers?? or do all 3??? please help)

Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 AM

i meant sound better.. and its a 04 ss/sc

Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 AM

Your car will sound like *** with no resonator and/or no mufflers.

Deleting the U-bend is a great idea- it will definitely improve performance. Throw a 3" downpipe on it- this will delete the U-bend and it bolts right in.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SS/00GSE/93LX
Your car will sound like *** with no resonator and/or no mufflers.

Deleting the U-bend is a great idea- it will definitely improve performance. Throw a 3" downpipe on it- this will delete the U-bend and it bolts right in.
x2

A downpipe will be your best option and it will not effect the sound of the exhaust. If you start removing things it will get pretty loud, and the more you remove the more raspy it gets. Believe me, I have no cat, no res, and two flowmaster knockoffs for my mufflers.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Get a ZZP 3" Downpipe bolt in with Cat

And then DON'T REMOVE the Resonator, but get a 12-14" one put in place. Bingo, perfect exhaust for you.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 AM

Yeah, the res and ubend are a good delete, but you're gonna want some kind of mufflers on there. also remember, the cat does contribute to a little of the "muffling". If yuo can, I always recomend doing a catless DP and going with some "quieter" mufflers for example cherrybomb pro, where it still has all the components inside of the muffler to keep it quieter, not just some walls.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM

everyone has the right idea here, if you take off the muffler it will sound like crap with no res and u-bend. stick with a good set of cherrybombs, flowmaster, or magnaflow mufflers. down the line i would throw a downpipe on but see how u like this set-up first

Old 08-11-2010, 11:07 AM

There are some confusing posts in this thread. Let's be clear:
- You want to get rid of the u-bend. U-bend = bad.
- You do not want to get of the resonator. Resonator = good.
- Installing a 3" bolt-in downpipe will get rid of the u-bend and not get rid of the resonator. 3" bolt-in downpipe = good.

Do the downpipe first. It eliminates the most restrictive part of your exhaust and will yield the best performance gains. You will notice a slightly deeper, more aggressive tone as well.

Once you install a 3" downpipe, pick whatever mufflers you like the sound of and have them installed.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM

thanks alot guys...

Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM

I got rid of my res and didnt notice any real difference, getting rid of hte res (IMO) gives it a more "true" sound to the car. Leaving it on just holds back some of hte potenital, again imo. I get MANY compliments on the sound of mine.

Quick Reply: question bout u-bend delete and resonator delete??