Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Back Seat Delete Audio Install Completed (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/back-seat-delete-audio-install-completed-26578/)

ZIPPY02 03-05-2011 10:49 PM

Back Seat Delete Audio Install Completed

Hey well finally got around to completing the audio install in the Monte. Did a half way decent install of the a Kicker 4 channel and mono Amp. Also used a 10" Massive Audio competition sub for just the right amount of low end. The sub install is such that it faces into the cabin, yet can pulled back and be removed from the trunk by removing an anchor bar secured by 2 knobs, thereby permitting access to the Aeromotive fuel pump and intank filter as needed. Note the fuel pump speed controller is mounted on the trunks firewall next to the sub and the water methanol tank. Used a Pioneer head unit to play FM / Am, CD, IPOD and DVD's. The driver door has Massive Audio 6" component speakers with a separate tweeter array. The trunk deck speakers are Massive Audio 6 x 9's with a separate tweeter array. Note the Amps and sub are surrounded by a built out surround to present a recessed finished effect. All the cross overs and such are under a false floor which was a recessed area under the old back seat location. A new floor was fabricated to finish on a single plane to protect the electronics below and to complete a finished interior look. Finally a new molded Black carpet kit was installed to conceal all the dynamat and help absorb road noise and to change the interior color scheme of the car. Originally there was the factory tan carpet and I have now opted to use the black carpet and black dash mat to help support the black exterior stripe theme. It's coming together, will be taking it to Super Chevy in Las Vegas April 29-may 1 st. Anyway let me know what you all think about this stereo system install done on this Monte. Like / Dont like, I can take it, we are not all the same and have different tastes. Just glad to finally have it done, these components sat in my room for almost 2.5 years waiting till the build was done and ready for the interior to be put together. Now it thumps pretty soundly on Zepplin, Doors and even Linkin park!!

zjerry 03-05-2011 10:54 PM

Looks Good...

ZIPPY02 03-05-2011 10:58 PM

More pictures of the install, note the fabricated floor. It has a hollow cavity below concealing the crossovers and such, also can hide a few special things under there. Hey it's my Mad Max car after all!!

The interior before the install, see the firewall substrate. Rode around like this for over 2 years , now it's all buttoned up real clean.

ZIPPY02 03-05-2011 11:08 PM

More pictures of install 3

A few more shots of the girl coming together.

Note the Kicker amplifiers factory Blue end pieces were removed and have now been painted to a textured Metallic Charcoal by me. Did not like the Blue as it did not work with my theme. What do you think??

zjerry 03-06-2011 07:44 AM

The textured Metallic Charcoal looks better,Cool install...

Milhouse 03-06-2011 08:57 AM

You did it the right way! Good job on the install, the MC is looking pretty sick man.

walkingonabullet 03-06-2011 09:09 AM

looks good and all but why would you add all that weight to a racing Monte O_O

oh and what deck is that?

jaws2008 03-06-2011 11:30 AM

Looks sick... ;)

Wilco 03-06-2011 11:38 AM

It looks great and, I'm sure, it sounds even better. Is the system removable for races?

lougreen03 03-06-2011 12:23 PM

Nice install. Looks pretty sweet