Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Anyone have aftermarket alarms, security device installed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
That desert eagle is just over kill. Home defense iv got a nine. Carry I like a glock 40, if I need a big bullet accuracy and range I break out the 30-06
yes it is overkill but its awesome to say i have it lol.

if i want big bullet accuracy and range i have the 7mm mag

home defense i have a pistol/riot style 12 gauge pump with bird shot in it.... this IMO is the best home defense weapon ever because you dont need to worry about a bullet going through them and your wall and into your neighbors house and its small enough to move through the house if needed.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte

yes it is overkill but its awesome to say i have it lol.

if i want big bullet accuracy and range i have the 7mm mag

home defense i have a pistol/riot style 12 gauge pump with bird shot in it.... this IMO is the best home defense weapon ever because you dont need to worry about a bullet going through them and your wall and into your neighbors house and its small enough to move through the house if needed.
Rubber slug, brid shot, buck shot, buck shot, buck shot. Give em a warning. Then do what you have too.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

000 Buck, 000 Buck, Fleshette, Fleshette,DP incendiary/ HE, 000 buck is the way I stack em

Old 01-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Greg, I have an aftermarket alarm on Mine but it came with the car So I have no clue who manufactured it. Good thing about it is it no longer unlocks the doors or trunk So they can try to use their "Device" if they want. They ain't getting in that way.
I had a version of the one you've got in my Cutlass Quad 4. I watched the install and new I got the right system cause of the unmarked wires. Only problem I had was when the car was totalled I couldn't remove it to install in my next car cause of the unmarked wires.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:23 PM

I got a Viper alarm 3305v responder on my 2007 Monte Carlo LT. I added a DIRECTED 507M DIGITAL TILT/MOTION SENSOR. This sensor works great in detecting tow trucks and thieves who want to steel your rims. I also added a DIRECTED 508D DUAL ZONE FIELD DISTURBANCE SENSOR. This sensor detects when someone is out side your car. The Viper alarm works great but the quality of the plastic is very cheap made a Taiwan. They charge you more in installation then what the alarm cost. I also use The Unbreakable AutoLock PRO simply locks up the brake making your car or truck impossible to drive. The Unbreakable AutoLock PRO features a solid steel deadbolt lock system is virtually drill-proof, cut-proof and freon-proof under normal circumstances and use. I had this break peddle lock on when someone broke into my Monte Carlo last year. The thieve broke the door handle open the drivers door and made off with my Oakley sunglasses, Nike Air Max, passport and a credit car. I live in Mexico so on star doesn't work here in Mexico. My next project is to add a GPS system were I can find my car with my cell phone. I would also like to add a crazy fuel pump kill switch were you have to turn on the AC, defrost, and light some type of crazy combination. Yeah I know it's a bit much but when a thieve comes and steels your car your left telling your self I could have should have. I also got a locking gas cap to keep anyone from steeling my gas or adding water to damage the engine.

Old 06-18-2017, 06:47 PM

Kill switch?

Once and done:

Seriously:

AutoSpeed - The World's Best DIY Immobiliser

This article references 300zx cars, but the switch info is fantastic!

Brad

Last edited by Brad future owner; 06-18-2017 at 06:58 PM. Reason: want to add,,article references 300zx cars not monte's