Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Stock radio volume behaves weird

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:27 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Stock radio volume behaves weird

As I increase the volume to about 80%, the volume of the sound increases as normal. However, after about 80%, as I increase the volume, the sound decreases as if I was turning the volume down. Basically this makes it impossible for me to turn the volume up all the way. What could be causing this? is there any way around it?

Old 07-16-2017, 04:04 PM

My bonneville does this.. Like the actual bars in the display start going back down??

Id like to know wtf is up with that also.. Never really cared enough to bother with it..

Old 07-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Probably shouldn't be turning it up over 80%, anyway. I have slight hearing loss because I used to do that **** in my Beretta. Having kids cured me of it forever.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by 96z34man
Probably shouldn't be turning it up over 80%, anyway. I have slight hearing loss because I used to do that **** in my Beretta. Having kids cured me of it forever.
Yeah me too on the hearing loss mine came from the Military big guns and Chinook Helicopter rides, without the proper ear plugs.

There could be a power fade from a weak ground on the radio. You may want to check out a youtube vid and see if there is anything on that subject.