Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

all blue intierior lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Default all blue intierior lights

I have been trying to replace all of the regular interior bulbs with blue ones it give a nice soft glow that is blindingly bright. i have done the map lights and the ones that illuninate the floor when you open the door and it looks great against the ebony interior. one problem i hae ran into is that i cant find a dome light bulb. the guy at auto zone told me it was a 578 and i have never seen that bulb in any of my searches if any one knows anything please let me know.
thank you so much

Old 11-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Default RE: all blue intierior lights

Never done it with blue, but have used red b4 colored bulbs were made. Go to hobby store and pick up aerosol TRANSPARENT blue. Couple light mists should be OK.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:26 PM

there are bulb covers that they sell, im sure they will work

Old 11-20-2005, 08:45 AM

thanks guys i found some bulb covers at auto zone worked great. it looks really good at night with everything lit up blue.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:16 AM

do like i did change all of them to LED's
I have all lights in side of my car now as LED's to include all of the dash lights, and switches on the doors and the dome lights. But mine are puprel and look great on the black leather also.

Think the tuffest ones to do were the HVAC controlls but the hardest to get to were the ones int he steering wheel .

Look on my car domain site to see the results for this.

As far as the dome light take yours in to the auto zone and find one that is the same length and replace yours that way they have the pincher style bulb holders so as long as they are the same length it should work fine

Old 11-20-2005, 06:26 PM

I saw your car a couple days ago and it did look very good. my wife actually wanted purple but i sold her on the blue after i did the map lights, and the floor lights. are the led set ups brighter as i am suspecting they would be? and where can i get the dome and map bulbs in led form because now the light is very dimin the car. thanks for your input

Old 11-20-2005, 06:49 PM

actually i made my own for the dome lights etc.. but you can buy the direc t replacement bulbs for the dome and the curtisy lights. I got all of my LED's from a guy i found threw a good frend here is his site if you would like to get some. i bought for the whole club at once and he gave us a good discount for them and shipped them to me in Germany.
http://www.dav-electronics.com
You might have to cut and paste it in to your br4owser as i dont think they allow links to work here in a post but he has the direct replacements for your car.

The HVAC and the speedo lights and the stereo lights are all a bread bord and the lights are soldired directly to it so you cant just buy the direct replacemnts for that BUT
there is still hope depending on how bad you want those done you can get the kits from him and do them yourself or you can go to black cat guages and have them do the convertion for you in any color you want. Or you can do the overlays threw speed hut.
And if you want those let me know i have a extra set here that are white faced and have red flames on them and glow in blue or green . they are brand new. I ended up ordering two sets by accedent and could not send them back in time but they are brandnew.