Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

After market sub help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Default After market sub help

So I installed these aftermarket subs. I put the line level converter behind the HU, and tapped into the rear speakers. Also, for my remote power I tapped into the ant. trigger, and the amp turns on, but I dont get any radio stations anymore..Is that the right wire to tap into, or is there another one I should use? This is really annoying because I am pretty much done, but I cant figure this part out, and im hoping its because I tapped into the wrong wire for the remote power to the amp. Also, I plugged in an aux device to play music, and nothing was coming out of the subs..Anyone have any idea what my problem would be?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Could anyone help me out? I just want this done, and I think this is my only issue, so any help is appreciated.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:19 PM

-____-??

Has your deck/amp/subs started smoking yet?

1.The remote wire coming from your deck's harness is a blue/white wire (this is the one that goes to your amp's remote input)

2. You're probably not getting radio stations because you didn't plug in an antenna adapter or because you are splicing wires together that shouldn't be together!

3. If nothing is coming out of the subs first I'd check the RCA's and speaker wire.
Then make sure the subs are activated(on) in the deck's settings.
Have your frequency/gain all the way down on your amp, start playing music (full blast) and start slowing increasing the gain (u should hear something) then you can mess with the frequency slowly until you find a good cut off.

4. If your subs still are not making noise... test them with a DMM, or you may want to do this first. Hook up the positive and negative to the subs one at a time and push down on the cone. From what I've heard/experienced if the ohms are not stable when you do this, then your voice coils are probably blown.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Well I know the RCAs are good, I think the issue is wiring it to the ant trigger. I am going to wire it to the radio fuse and that should solve my problem.