Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

After market cd player install help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Default After market cd player install help

i tried to install an after market cd player in my 05 monte LS but when i went to put the dash back together the cd player face plate bracket was hitting the dash and the dash wouldnt go back to gether right. the cd player was sitting to far to the left and there was nothing making the cd player sit that way. has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any pics of an after market cd player in a newer monte? any help would be great!

Old 05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Default RE: After market cd player install help

if you bought the mounting bracket for it, they might have given you the wrong one, on mine, my cd player is at the top of the radio opening, and a black plastic filler piece is below it.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:02 PM

i bought the right mounting bracket and the filler piece is below the cd player its like a little shelf. i was maybe thinking of drilling new holes to mount the bracket and movin the whole thing to the right a little?

Old 05-25-2006, 05:26 AM

i just put a pioneer dvd player and screen in my car (all one unit) they say it cant fit ion our cars becuse of the dash that is total BULL crap. they fit fine. and i didnt have to make any adjustments to anything for it to fit.

But the kit you should have for your car should be one with a pocket under the stereo. and has to hangers that you hang on the stereo.

Also did you pull the sleve off your stereo?

The first time i did mine i didnt do it this way and i had a issue with mine being to far right. after i actually found what was left of the destructions i figured this out. you have to pull the sleeve off the stereo so that those claps that snap in tot eh side of the radio are mounted directly to the stereo.

Then make sure your kit gose togeather the right way and is lined up in the right way no gaps all the way around. your stereo should be solid on the kit. then it sould mout fine to your dash,

you can actually put the clams on upside down also (seen this one done to) they will fit both sides and will look right but when you try to mount it it wont fit right.

the only other thing i can say is take a few pic;s of the stereo in the dash with the kit on it and let us see what yoru dealing with.

I have to pull my dash apart again on Fri. goign to add more LED;s (as if i needed more ) so i will take a shot or two of it for ya.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 PM

thanks for the help mickey im goin to try and put it in today if i get a chance to and ill try to take some pics of it so maybe you can help me out some more