Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

TOG Headers....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Default RE: TOG Headers....

okay, two questions.. first.. where do you think I could go to find a DHP forum or manual? Because I emailed DHP twice, as I want to read up on it before I get it, so I understand what to do once I DO get it.. but they never replied.. it has been 2 weeks

Second, are you a DJ?!

Old 09-22-2007, 11:49 AM

I just had to bookmark their dang forum myself. - http://www.powrtuner.com/index.php

I just sent Phoenix an email to see if he can send me the coveted tuning guide from there, but I think it is actually 152 forum pages so I doubt it.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:51 AM

As far as DJing not really yet. I've been hanging out with my buddy and he showed me a few things about a week ago. Last night there was a lot of **** going down with jealous boyfriends so he gave me the quick training on how to operate the equipment. He just spoonfed me the music and I cued it up and mixed it in.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:54 AM

Wow, too bad you live so far away... I DJ professionally... though what you did last night was with a mixer board and cd player... I have 22000 songs completely digital...

I just emailed Rob.. and here's how it went:

Hey Rob, I was wondering if there was any chance you might be carrying the DHP PowerTuner here sometime in the near future?

His reply:
DHP sucks!!

HP tuner is a way better product.

Best Regards,
3800 Performance

Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM

Oh and this is by no means an easy task when you start. I never really paid attention to how songs end, some fade, some end on a hard beat, it's unbeleivable.

Test - real quick - how does the end of Sir Mix-A-Lots "Jump on it" end.

Yeah if you have to think about consider what it is like when everyone is looking at you.

I honestly messed up on about 20% of the songs because I did all hard cuts because I had no clue on how most ended. I learned alot about mixing in much earlier.

It's also quite a bit when people bring up requests and you are trying to remember what track the next song is on the cd you just put in.

It's more of the pressure of starting out that is weird. It's kind of like giving a speech and if you mispernounce a word you have a whole club heckling you. Thankfully I know tons of people there so they were pretty cool about it.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Hey Rob, I was wondering if there was any chance you might be carrying the DHP PowerTuner here sometime in the near future?

His reply:
DHP sucks!!

HP tuner is a way better product.

Best Regards,
3800 Performance
That's awesome!!! I think Rob is just sick of working for their company. I don't want to rip on them, but they really seem either minor league or think they are gods gift. I do think their product works fine, but the support is just horendous.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 PM

doesnt matter, thelast 30 seconds, my computer automatically senses the volume dropping, and fades to the next song.

And Jump on it is a fade, and it originally wasnt done by sir mix alot. The original song was Apache by the Sugar Hill gang, which ORIGINALLY took it from a derivative of The Incredible Bongo Band's original.

When people come up and ask me for a song, I type it in, it comes up, I double click, and it automatically cues. I also have local sponsors, and I put their commercials inbetween certain songs.. my program does it all for me.

http://www.megaseg.com

Old 09-22-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Wow, too bad you live so far away... I DJ professionally... though what you did last night was with a mixer board and cd player... I have 22000 songs completely digital...
Oh, never mind on the Sir Mix a Lot question then. LOL!!!

The one thing I really liked is that it was a TOTAL chick magnet!!!

I had no less than 8 women totally flirting with me even though Steve was passing me the CD's. I have no idea how he organizes his CD's.

My other friend Trent dj's as well, but it's all off the laptop. I sent a few of my old buddies my avatar pic last night and got tons of "welcome to the club and about time" messages.

I was totally into it.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

doesnt matter, thelast 30 seconds, my computer automatically senses the volume dropping, and fades to the next song.

And Jump on it is a fade, and it originally wasnt done by sir mix alot. The original song was Apache by the Sugar Hill gang, which ORIGINALLY took it from a derivative of The Incredible Bongo Band's original.

When people come up and ask me for a song, I type it in, it comes up, I double click, and it automatically cues. I also have local sponsors, and I put their commercials inbetween certain songs.. my program does it all for me.

http://www.megaseg.com

Had no clue on the history of that song. Awesome!! The one that Steve has though ends on a hard beat and doesn't fade... weird.

I think my buddy Trent uses the same software or a very close nock-off gui.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 PM

I will agree, making an extra 600 bucks a month djing, and having fun, not to mention girls.. you're right.. not a bad job...

I also do alot of fall school dances and such...

Not bad for a 20 year old, eh?

Anyways, I am debating.. I found out I get what the military calls a "travel voucher"

its kinda like a bonus, for the end of this deployment...

so the good news is, I can buy both a tuner AND my catback, which rocks..

Problem is.. I really am torn between DHP and VCM, as I cant justify spending 100 bucks more on the VCM when in reality it does the same thing the DHP does...

hmm

-Keegan

Quick Reply: TOG Headers....