Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

JUST GOT DOWN PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Default RE: JUST GOT DOWN PIPE

the cat is actually a fed. law in the states. But for the most part they are not enforced .

well untill they are old and you need a new one and they want a rand for them LOL
cheaper to get a high flow version.

i belive mine is starting to plug up i have noticed im loseing some power. so i plan to replace it with a high flow version after i get back. or just do the down pipe. but need to know what TX dose for inspections if they still have them.

but i know several of my frends that dont have them on every year car i know of. so they must not be to awful worried about it in teh world out side of the factory so much.
TO BE SAFE CHECK YOU LOCAL LAWS ON THIS ISSUE!!! WE DO NOT SAY TO TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR CAR IN THIS FOURM ,

ok im done but i did the CYA thing LOL

Old 01-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

you guys have it good then, because up here all vehicles i think 1980 and newer have to be e-tested, if they're older than that then they dont.

which is stupid because i dont think an 05 car should have to be e-tested

so i guess i'm going to be ordering one of these o2 simulators soon

Old 01-06-2007, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

the cat is actually a fed. law in the states. But for the most part they are not enforced .

well untill they are old and you need a new one and they want a rand for them LOL
cheaper to get a high flow version.

i belive mine is starting to plug up i have noticed im loseing some power. so i plan to replace it with a high flow version after i get back. or just do the down pipe. but need to know what TX dose for inspections if they still have them.

but i know several of my frends that dont have them on every year car i know of. so they must not be to awful worried about it in teh world out side of the factory so much.
TO BE SAFE CHECK YOU LOCAL LAWS ON THIS ISSUE!!! WE DO NOT SAY TO TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR CAR IN THIS FOURM ,

ok im done but i did the CYA thing LOL
In Texas, it's annual inspections/emissions...

Old 01-06-2007, 05:24 PM

only certain counties in texas do emmisions testing the one one i live in does not but i believe nbear county does which is where sana antonio is

Old 01-07-2007, 06:22 AM

and i supose ya have to have it plated in that county to huh! . That bites LOL but it is my luck.
I would rather live in one that dont Lol jus twha ti need another decal in the window to look around. I think that is one of my biggest pet pieves i hate anythign on the bottom of the windsheild it took me forever to get used to the one ont eh top of the windsheild. now if it not there i go nuts LOL

Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Well, you will have two in the window when you get back.

Inspection & registration. Both are annual...

Old 01-07-2007, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

I just got my down pipe in tonight and i was wondering how difucult is it to put in and is there any secrets to doing this that any body has found out.
It's 2 bolts from the rearexhaust manifold and another 2 where it connects to the pipe that goes to the resonator. You will really need to lift the car in the air a bit to have access to the back of the other side of the bolt unless you have someone to help you remove them.

The real secret is to actually bring this into a muffler shop and let them replace it. When I did mine, I looked at what a pain it would be and once I had the car in the air it just looked way to dangerous due to the placement of the rear exhaust manifold bolts. Just from the safety aspect it was worth paying the money to have it done.

I posted this recommendation on Mymonte.com and later that same week, someone did the same replacement on their own. They were lucky. The jack stand kicked out and placed itself nicely through the radiator and partially through the grill. I don't remember how much the cost was to replace the radiator and grill, but they also didn't have use of the car for over a week.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: IAHKAT

Well, you will have two in the window when you get back.

Inspection & registration. Both are annual...
yeah your Mr. Sunshine !!! LOL

thats ok i have two here now that are annuals. and then i have to run two plates and also deal with the fools they call cops here. For some reason i keep finding the idiots on the force. Not saying there are not any that cant do thier job I knwo a few that can do it and do it good. btu the ones i have found are defently not doing it right lol .

Is ther e aweb site on what counties have or dont have the Inspect in TX?

Old 01-07-2007, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the info 04 Intimidator. But I did it myself on saturday and everything went fine it was alot easier to do then i thought it would be. Car sounds great and has some more power in it now.

also if you ever have a bolt that wont come off or is corroded i would go out and get some "fabulous Blaster" because when i tried to get the two bolts out of the manifold i couldn't get it at first spread some of this on there waited ten minutes came back and the bolt came right off.

As for the down pipe itits self is great but i was a little disapointed that it came with no directions at all and the fit was a little short to the rest of the exhaust but that could also be because of my cat-back system that i have.

Also i got the O2 simulator and my check engine light has not come on yet

Old 01-13-2007, 06:27 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

i live in bloomington/normal right in the middle of illinois and none of my friends, dad, brother, or any body i have ever known has had to have it tested and i have lived in the same house for the past 15 years so i dont know maybe it is different for each county. Like i said before i was not sure if i was right but all of my friends that have done anything to there cars all have taken out the cat and have never been tested.
[/quote]

Hi 2000_BLACK_SS I just got an emission test notice in the mail and I have to get my car tested by the end of Feb 07. My car is just over 4 years old. So you do need to get this test if you live in IL and keep a car longer than 4 years. What sucks with my car is that it is storage in my parents garage for the winter. I will have to hook the battery back up and go on a day that the roads aren't salty. DAMN!!!! I thought my baby would never have to see salt again.