Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

U bend deleted

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Default U bend deleted

Well it's finally done. The ubend section was replaced with three inch into a new high flow cat and then a new 2' resonator. I kept the racing mufflers that I already had on prior to the clogged cat. It sounds pretty good.....not as deep as I'd like but it is still a six after all. The increase in horsepower is noticable as a smile comes to my face when I stand on it and feel myself being pushed back in the seat. I think the old converter was slowly clogging over time and I did'nt really notice how much power my car had lost until it almost was'nt running at all. Can't wait to change the intake and add even more power! For those that have'nt done the u bend delete yet....it's money worth spending if you want a to get some more horsepower out of your Monte!

Old 10-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: U bend deleted

i haven't done that yet, does anyone have a pic of what the underside of the exhast looks like??

i dont have anything on the computers yet, and was just wanting to see what i had to get into before i decide to send it to an exhaust shop

Old 10-20-2006, 01:59 PM

Check out this link:

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...ts1.php?id=504

Shows you the before and after parts.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

so is that something can be done @ a custom exhaust shop?? or do you have to buy that piece?? i mean can it be made??

Old 10-20-2006, 08:26 PM

Hey wizkid, everything I had done was cutom fabricated. You can buy the parts and even a whole downtube assembly but I was under a time constraint and could'nt wait for stuff in the mail as the car was way to loud after the emergency repair to the cat (it was hollowed out) For the u bend delete, the new high flow cat and a new resonator installed, I paid $389.00. Prices will vary as to what you pay for parts or where you go, a friend of mine that owns his own shop did it for almost cost. I will try and post a video and pics tomorrow with a sound clip.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

The U-bend delete sounds so freaking awesome. I can hardly wait till my gal hits 100k.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member

i was down talkin to the owner of an exhaust shop just down the road from me and he says he can do it easily, and that most people take off the resonator too...is this a good idea???

Old 10-21-2006, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member

and its now getting done, i'm @ work and one of the guys came and got the car

hopefully i like the results

Old 10-21-2006, 11:54 AM

Your going to want the resonator back on.. If anything, have them replace it with a glass pack.... Without the res it's just too load and riceroni sounding....

Old 10-21-2006, 11:57 AM

Forgot to ask, are they replacing the cat with a high flow? If so, your going to need to get an O2 emmulator. If not, your going to get a SE light. Does not affect performance but it's an eye sore...

Quick Reply: U bend deleted