Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

JUST GOT DOWN PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default JUST GOT DOWN PIPE

I just got my down pipe in tonight and i was wondering how difucult is it to put in and is there any secrets to doing this that any body has found out. i was looking on-line and couldn't find any step by steps to do this so any help would be great. thanks in advanced for any info. (pictures would be great)

Old 01-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Default RE: JUST GOT DOWN PIPE

not sure if anyone has a step by step for this yet. But when i take the car in to get my tires put on AGAIN i will get it high enough on the lift to take a shot or two of the down pipe for ya.

but honestly it looks pretty straight forward, there are two or three bolts on the upper flange and then the rest of it is real easy to get to. Just not real sure how this mounts in to the car on teh bottoma s i havent seen one in real life. YET!!

but they would not be hard if it is a clamp in , i would do mine then take it to the shop and have it welded in to place on the bottom and forget about it.
Make sure you use a 02 sim there ont eh bottom end of the pipe or you will throw codes.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 PM

o2 simulator? can you get fined for that?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 PM

Not in Illinois i dont even have to have a cat on mine but i did any way incase i move. thats one good thing about illinois is that they dont have emisions tests. but i think in other states its just how close they look at your car but i am not sure

Old 01-05-2007, 02:15 PM

ridin dirty i like it

Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM

they dont cause the car to run dirty they just make it think it is having a good reading. you still have the front one just not the back one. it is a second chance type deal. the first one reads and then the second to make sur ethat it is not a false readding.

honestly i would not worry to much abou tit they have to crawl under your car to find it. so if you have a state inspection you can just throw the old one back in it if ya needed to Or just live with the light on in the dash

Old 01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

so if you put this o2 simulator in your car will pass emmissions if its putting a check engine light on???

mine went off for a few days, and now its back on again, so i think i need to invest in one of these things, but its after the cat where it goes???

Old 01-05-2007, 07:48 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

Not in Illinois i dont even have to have a cat on mine but i did any way incase i move. thats one good thing about illinois is that they dont have emisions tests. but i think in other states its just how close they look at your car but i am not sure
Where in Illinois do you live? In the Chicago burbs there certainly is emissions tests on cars. I don't remember how often you have to get tested with new cars because of my last couple of cars I never kept them for more than 4 years. So none of my recent cars were called yet. I had a brand new 93 Sunbird that was tested at 4 years old.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

so if you put this o2 simulator in your car will pass emmissions if its putting a check engine light on???

mine went off for a few days, and now its back on again, so i think i need to invest in one of these things, but its after the cat where it goes???
The simulator will/should kill the code and your CE light. When at the inspector the code should not show up...

Old 01-05-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

Where in Illinois do you live? In the Chicago burbs there certainly is emissions tests on cars. I don't remember how often you have to get tested with new cars because of my last couple of cars I never kept them for more than 4 years. So none of my recent cars were called yet. I had a brand new 93 Sunbird that was tested at 4 years old.
i live in bloomington/normal right in the middle of illinois and none of my friends, dad, brother, or any body i have ever known has had to have it tested and i have lived in the same house for the past 15 years so i dont know maybe it is different for each county. Like i said before i was not sure if i was right but all of my friends that have done anything to there cars all have taken out the cat and have never been tested.

Quick Reply: JUST GOT DOWN PIPE