Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

down pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Old 01-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Default RE: down pipe

if there are better prices out there for down pipes please post also post opinions on down pipes

Old 01-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

wow, you can have it made for a lot less than that at an exhaust shop..thats what i did....

have the pipe made with the u-bend deletethen i put a universal 3" high flow magnaflow cat on (50 bucks) and then no resonator then back to the 2 mufflers

thats what i did anyway...it would be waaaay cheaper than buying the pipe...price around..check at some local exhaust shops...best to go to the little guys rather than the big chain companies though

Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 PM

ZZ PERFORMANCE IS LESS $$$, WORKS GREAT,FIT IS PERFECT,SOUNDS GOOD

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/37237ADF5925470CA8DB14C066D122DD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2007, 07:48 AM

wiz kid what did you pay to have yours done and installed?

I know you can find it cheaper then this , there is another thread here someplace that has this whole topic in it. do a serch for Montejass post.; i know he did this i the posting i belive he started it.

PFYC seems to me they are one of the higest priced places to get stuff for the monte in the aftermarket world.
it is truley a shame also because there is alot of stuff finally starting to surface for the Montes . most of it is from us doing it and them seeing it and then marketing something like it.

belive me im not omplaining not 3 years ago when i bought my car i could not even find freken floor mats on the net in the after mearket world unless they were universal fit versions.
Now you can at least get those LOL
but still 500.00 for seat covers in the neopream

but i belive it was zzpreformance.com is where they got thiers and it was like 100.00 or just over it and was pretty much the same thing i belive.
but worth checking in to it.

also if you chose to do this i have heard (also so in the thread im talking of) you will need to use a 02 simulator.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

it probably would have been about 100 bucks if i had to pay to have it done, because it only them about 20-30 min to do the downpipe and highflow cat and get rid of the resonator...well thats how long it seemed anyway...i was @ work..and they did it for me while i was working

and as for the 02 simulator..my code is gone again...so i dont think i need it anymore...now its jut the stupid air intake sensor..lol

Old 01-19-2007, 08:02 PM

yeah if you had to pay for it would have helped LOL
but if you know someone that has a shop to bend the pipe it would not be to bad i would not think.
thanks for the info.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:53 AM

I am thinking of getting the ZZP downpipe, it looks like a good deal versus the Random Tech pipe (too expensive in my opinion). My only problem is that I have a 2005 MC, and after talking with a few of the stores I was told the O2 Simulator will NOT work with my car, meaning I am destint for a SES light. However I was told that the rear O2 can be disabled so that the computer does not register it, therefore removing the SES or the chances of it coming on. This way I can leave the sensor connected to the new downpipe just for the emissions checks but only having the front sensor operating.

Now my only problem is that I do not know how to go about disabling the Sensor. Any ideas??

Old 01-22-2007, 05:33 AM

This might be the case but if it is your going to have to look in the computer with a programmer to check it out.
OR if you know a person that works for the dealer/local mechanics shop (you trust)and is certifyed to program them they can do it for you. but the dealer them selves wont as it is defeating the emmissions and this could get them in alot of trubble.

but those would be the only things i can think of.
i knw there are things out there that you can program abunch in the compters of a OBDII car but it is a matter of knwoing what you can do . do the wrong thing and you will be walking till you figure out wha tyou did again LOL

Old 01-22-2007, 11:27 AM

LOL I definately would NOT like to be walking! That would suck especially having such a sexy car outside, LOL.

But seriously, I think it's something that that I will have to work with a programmer. I'm awaiting work from ZZP on how to do this, if I order their downpipe. I'm sure I'll be able to figure this out.

Quick Reply: down pipe