Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Im new here HELP, exhaust mods needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Default Im new here HELP, exhaust mods needed!!

Hey everyone, I am a new member and am a noob on modding my ride. I have a 2003 Monte SS Limited Edition/ HS package. I would like to know what route to go. Ive seen several posts about the ZZp downpipes, possible headers not manifolds, and cat back systems like magnaflow and flowmaster. What is a good system to have, is it worth getting headers or just replacing from downpipe back,? Again im a noob an any help would be really appreciated. Also if i get the downpipe will that mess my O2 sensors up cuz right now my trannies being rebuilt and my mechanic said theres a o2 sensor code bank one whatever that means, tHANKS!!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 PM

Hey so I know nothing of headers and such, but i do know that the stock exhaust manifolds are really really strong compared to aftermarket headers. I run a turbo so my stock mani's are the ones for me right now. I have a Corsa exhaust system and with a bigger downpipe and a U-Bed delete. If you dont know what I mean by U-Bend delete take one look at the downpipe and you will know what I'm talking about. Getting ride of that U-bend is critical to having better flow. As for exhaust I guess it's down to sound and function for yourself. My Corsa is nice and quite until I put it on boost. I also have no cat on my car. Hope that helps alittle

Old 03-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

correct, as far as exhaust its all what you like, go on youtube and listen to others and pick what you like is the best advice i can give you. depending on how far you are planning to mod the car will depend if you need headers or not. personally i would get headers as they come with a down pipe and u bend so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. bank 1 is your up stream sensor it needs replaced and it will be fine, none of this will mess with that sensor but your bank 2 sensor, the one in the u bend could trip a light. there is ways to gert it turned off though. if you need emissions you can not delete the cat fyi.

buddzz...... what turbo are you running? the manifolds might be strong but they are very restrictive! i cant believe you are a turbo car on stock manifolds, what kind of power are you making? size turbo? size dp? for buddzz cartuning is making turbo headers specifically for turbo cars now, you might wanna think about a set.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:24 PM

I would say if its not a supercharged car and non turbo'd then headers are pretty much pointless. There are some that do complete straight pipe. There are some also that just get the downpipe and are very happy with the sound. Its all preference what you want for sound if you want it loud or not. I personally dont want to hear the loud sound of the V6 so what I did was just keep the exhaust and just cut the resonator off. Some say it sounds raspy but i bearly hear it over my CAI in my car when I get on it but I hear it more when i am just puttsing around. There are some that keep everything and just simply get rid of the mufflers and are happy with it. Id say if you are wanting to do many more performance mods I would get a bigger downpipe and possible put an exhaust thats not too loud but does it job.Best of luck with your choice!!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 AM

deleted

Last edited by BUDDZZ; 03-19-2013 at 09:56 AM.