Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

01 LS mods/ future mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Default 01 LS mods/ future mods

Okay so here it is. ive done a few mods to my car so far and have a few more i would like to do. some are small some are big. here are some pics of a few.

HID headlights-big difference evryone should do this!
ANd yellow fogs.
this picture is was taken in daylight so you could imagine how bright they are at night!

heres a few night pics

smoked out reverse lights and license plate cover, red bowtie and monte carlo emblem. as most of you know LS's came with a blue bowtie and chrome emblem so i swapped that out. i think it looks a lot better oh yea and a monte carlo 3rd brake light cover sticker.

2 12 inch diamond audio D3's and a 2000 watt monoblock powerbass amp. ported box. i installed these and decided to keep the factory headunit. they pound! (also i put a red monte carlo sticker in my trunk lid, door jams, and under hood. you can see the trunk one here.)

heres just a picture of the interior. i also have a sirius satellite radio. you cant see it in this pic tho. i mounted it under my heater controls and ALL of the wires are hidden.

Thats all for the pics i have. but i also put an aftermarket remote start/ alarm combo in. i debadged the side monte carlo emblem on the rear pillar because i didnt like how they looked. i cant think of anything else i have done.

Future mods:
I have tint that i am waiting to install this spring. 5% for the backand 20%for the doors. also i want to get some wheels maybe 18's black with a chrome lip. if anyone has some for sale for a decent price let me know. and i also want to do the LED replacement for all of my interior lights. i ordered the lights they should be here soon. im not sure what color i want to do yeat i ought UV red and blue. let me know what you guys think.

thats about it for now. if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Last edited by robh68chevy; 04-23-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added more pics
Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thats a bad *** car there. I bet that system KICKS!!! So how did you mount up your radio?? Id like to move it off my vent haha.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member

thanks! actually all i did was use the swivel mount and i turned it upside down and anly hooked my dock into the top 2 screws so it sticks up further. i have it hooked to the whole plastic piece that surrounds the guages radio and heater. i marked where i wanted the holes and took it out. i drilled the holes out and used a screw it a nut on the back to hold it. when the shifter is in park its a little hard to see the screen. but other then that it looks like it should be there. i also wired up a lighter behind my dash to plug it in. so no wires are showing at all. i was just gunna wire it direct but the plug is a tranformer the radios only run like 5 volts or something. if you would like a pic of it i could email you on eso you can get a better idea. let me know.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Default Subs and Amp...

Hey AWSOME Monte! was wondering how you wired up your box and amp. I trying to do the same... I have a 2000 Monte Carlo, and when i took it in to have it done to best buy they said it would be $1200.00!!!! I was WTF! and was looking on some insight...

Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member

do you have the factory HU or aftermarket? email me and il send you detailed instructions robh68@rocketmail.com il send you some pics of the wires and stuff. i only had to drill one hole in the firewall. the rest was just running the wires hidden. il email you pics.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So you were able to put in a sound system yourself, and keep the factory radio??

I'm very curious to how this was done, and it would make a great DIY that would most likely get a nice sticky.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:46 AM

I'd like to see how you did this install for your sirius radio. You have any pics? Thanks Keith

Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member

hey guys heres a thread for the amp and speakers install. i will work on the satellite radio install next!

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12514

Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Default Aftermarket gauge clusters...

Thanks for the explaination on the subs and amps rob, its going to really help... Do you or any1 know if sumone put an aftermarket gauge cluster in a monte, like on the a-pillar or dash? thats is my next big challenge...

Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Default factory amp???

I cant believe i tottally over looked this, do you lose function of your factory amp or can i include it in my system to power my door and rear deck speakers in addition to adding the aftermarket amp and sub?

Quick Reply: 01 LS mods/ future mods