Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

FWI and battery problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Photobucket
Default FWI and battery problems

ok ive purchased 2 K&N CAI's neither are for my car but i have cut and coupled them into a perfectly fitting FWI for my car BUT the battery is right in the way. has anyone here put their battery in the trunk that owns a 5th gen? if so where can i buy either the kit or all the individual parts ill need to not only make it work but make it look good because this is a showcar.

thanks

Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 PM

Really an amp install kit works pretty well for doing this- just make sure you get a bigger kit- I personally prefer 1/0. Or order a battery relocation kit from summit, or jegs or something. Keep in mind, you need a fuse at the back of the car now too- because the battery is back there.

I've found 2 good spots in a 5th gen.

The first is if your car is not a daily driver- you can remove your spare tire and mount the battery there in its place.

The second is if your car is a daily driver- you can mount it on the passenger side, all the way to the rear in that little side nook behind the sheet metal. On my old setup, I made a cover that made it all look flush with the piece of metal coming off the back of the wheel well.

They usually sell battery mount kits at local parts stores, I got mine at pepboys- its a real simple setup, a basic plastic tray with flanged sides, two long bolts with U hooks on the ends, and a top bar that goes across the top. I think it was $10 or so, and that makes sure the battery can't move front/rear or side to side due to the tray.