Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

finally got to make an actual fender well intake for my monte. comments welcome :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 AM

I made my own also andtie wrapped it to.the fender. I have a k&n 4 in air filter on it and it definately makes the car sound more aggressive.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:31 AM

whats the breather for?

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Most auto parts stores have Spectre stuff i made one for my saturn when i found a gaping hole in the intake tube....basicly just buy your parts stick them together the way you want to rout it and your done, yeah it's cromed pvc piping but it works
i think i spent a total of $40 that was with the tubing, filter and breather

Old 06-25-2011, 07:49 AM

the breather is there to replace the air line to the valve cover. it is part of the PCV system... Positive Crank Ventilation. it pulls fresh air into the valve cover and down thru the crank case to vent any blow by gasses back into the intake manifold, which is under vacuum. By venting these gasses back to be burned again, emissions are reduced and the oil is kept cleaner.

as for the original post, i deff recommend moving the filter higher. on my car do main and Piczo web site i have plans and pictures of the intake designs i have made. each a bit more complicated but there is a design for everyone in there. Flex tube is the easiest, but also least efficient. It also runs the risk of ripping and then you have unfiltered air that could allow debris in that could damage the engine.

a hard/ ridged tube not only is safer then flex, but will be smoother inside and allow better flow. its a WIN! WIN!! lol just thinking of the commercial on TV

Old 07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah i wired it up as far as it would go. its good now. there is a BIGGG difference between it now, when i just stuck a cone filter on my car it was ehhh ok. changed the sound more than anything but now its getting cool fresh air. its a beast lol.