Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust SET-UP for 3.4l MC LS LA1 engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 PM

oh... no... what do you mean electric blower?? do you mean one of those electric turbo or supercharger??

Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
oh... no... what do you mean electric blower?? do you mean one of those electric turbo or supercharger??
Yep I am trying those crappy ebay blower, It was a 10 dollar blower my friend sold to me for my own testing. and that way I dun't have to pay 50 dollars like my friend did, and not be as unsatisfied if I fail. But hope is hope. You never know till you try the actual thing. I never heard of people blowing up the engine with one of these unlike the fake performance chips, so no harm, just one of those little kid experiments.

BUT also I need helP!!!!

SHould I get this
https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...=551&catid=110
or this:
https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...=635&catid=110

Since I am getting so much better performance I think I might go all the way in the exhaust work. Also I forgot to mention my mileage from the homelink thing states 15.2mpg for about half a year now, and after I changed the mufflers, and about 50 miles driving it went up to like 17, so I think a less restrictive muffler also saves gas, or restores it in my point of view. I thought it was a lie that they said 21-30mpg in the official epa, so I though around 15 or 16mpg it was normal. But I never asked anyone else.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 PM

yeah go with the second one if you have the 3400, thats the one i have and i love it. makes the car sound alot better and gets a little better performance. and keep updated on that electric turbo, id like to know how it works out for you. but the one for the 3800 wont work for the 3400, make sure you dont have emmisions test in your area and get the off road DP, but its gonna set a code off. for me it was the PO140 maybe it was the PO 120.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
yeah go with the second one if you have the 3400, thats the one i have and i love it. makes the car sound alot better and gets a little better performance. and keep updated on that electric turbo, id like to know how it works out for you. but the one for the 3800 wont work for the 3400, make sure you dont have emmisions test in your area and get the off road DP, but its gonna set a code off. for me it was the PO140 maybe it was the PO 120.
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is, the thing was that the one was sooooo much cheaper, I was wondering if there was any kind of modification I can do to get it to work, I guess not. But yea There is emissions, and meaning I will need a Cat with that, the thing was I am looking a new cat anyways, to get the full growl of the 3.4 exhaust, since I am making a custom dual for it now. Sigh I am actually out of money now after my wreck, and the mods I am doing now are mods I bought before or by using the remainder of my savings. My friend was right, you won't believe the things you do for your car. But yea that electric supercharger deserves a chance, since I felt it is blowing in a hell lot of air when I turn it on, so I guess I think it has a high potential.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM

definatly get teh high flow cat in that thing, i think milzy sells those DP's with a high flow cat but id just go with the zzp. also get new gaskts with it. then you might not through a code, MIGHT NOT.