General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

You want to talk about rude

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
3 Year Member

Everyone seems to think I called his buisness sleasy. Read the message and you will see i said the "make offer" option was sleasy simply because he didnt bother to look at my offers. When you want something this bad and make 3 offers on it that get instantly rejected I want to know why they werent even considered. The worst part is you cant make any more offers after you send 3. That is what got me fired up. All he had to say was "sorry about that but we have a threshhold for x$$ so I didnt see your offers" I would have been fine with a simple reply like that and most likely bought the kit from him instead of the other company. I mean please it's not like i went insane with the guy and dropped f-bombs every 3 words. This guys swore at me.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

tomato, tomatoe.... The approach of ending with accusing any part of it "sleasy" just sends the wrong message.

BTW - I'm not sure if you've sold things on eBay, I recently have. You set up an auto-reject on the "best offer" system to avoid unacceptable bids and to not be bothered with them (so the seller gave a number he felt was his "bottom" line in selling that body kit and locked it in). It's not the seller, it's eBay that limits you to 3 shots at the best offer program. I'm betting it's to make the offer system worth while, otherwise people would start at $1 and go up until they are no longer auto-rejected.

Most of your original communication was good, I just think the sleesy part ended a chance at the seller working with you. Personally, if I was dead set on getting a lower price via best offer and got to where you are with it, I would have worded something around the effect of "what's your bottom line on the kit" (not persay those exact words, but that meaning).

Just me. At this point, you and a faceless eBay seller will never communicate again and you said you got the kit for $20 less elsewhere.

All is good in the world.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
3 Year Member

True that!

Old 09-03-2011, 01:35 AM

Not too sure I understand, If im wrong ignore me lol.

On Ebay there is a thing called a Reserve...When setting up a bid, a seller sets up a reserve, which is the minimum amount of money he wants to get...Maybe you didn't meet his reserve?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A reserve works when the seller is doing an "auction" on eBay. In this case, the seller was not auctioning the item, it was strictly a "Buy It Now" with "Make a Best Offer" option.
But the situation is basically a reserve situation. The seller has make an offer, but set an auto reject on offers below what he feels are reasonable (much like trying to meet a reserve).

Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Default Certain Words

There are certain words in our society that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck or set off the red flag per se. Swear words, thief, stolen, sleazy are just some of those words. They automatically promote negativity. Another problem is that computers are totally impersonal. There is no body language, no facial expression to go with the words. Face to face you can tell some people to go "F" them self as long you have a smile on your face and a giggle in your voice, and they will laugh about it. Try saying the same thing in an email or text and you will offend every time. Electronic media is convenient but also requires that you choose your words carefully. Although you accused the system of being sleazy and not the seller, the seller did the same as most of the posters here. They saw the word sleazy and immediately went into the defense mode and then part of that is aggression. Its the words you used. It would have been an exceptional person to look beyond that and deal with the real issue rather than strike back.
Another part of the problem is Ebay. As they have grown and become the largest on line auctionn they have become rigid in their policies for both buyers and sellers. I have gotten so that I don't care for Ebay any longer and much prefer to use Amazon.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:50 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
There are certain words in our society that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck or set off the red flag per se. Swear words, thief, stolen, sleazy are just some of those words. They automatically promote negativity. Another problem is that computers are totally impersonal. There is no body language, no facial expression to go with the words. Face to face you can tell some people to go "F" them self as long you have a smile on your face and a giggle in your voice, and they will laugh about it. Try saying the same thing in an email or text and you will offend every time. Electronic media is convenient but also requires that you choose your words carefully. Although you accused the system of being sleazy and not the seller, the seller did the same as most of the posters here. They saw the word sleazy and immediately went into the defense mode and then part of that is aggression. Its the words you used. It would have been an exceptional person to look beyond that and deal with the real issue rather than strike back.
Another part of the problem is Ebay. As they have grown and become the largest on line auctionn they have become rigid in their policies for both buyers and sellers. I have gotten so that I don't care for Ebay any longer and much prefer to use Amazon.

Very well said.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 PM

So you did get the body kit though? would love to see the pics when you get it on.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 PM

hell yeah. I support your effort, Berettaman! I've used much worse words than sleazy to a business and never been responded to like that. especially when they were wrong in the first place. you should have sent the link to this thread...

Last edited by apbarnar; 09-04-2011 at 04:26 PM.