General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did You ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks to every Monte Family Member that posted
in this thread.
We have really enjoyed reading your reasons.
Thanks for taking the time to share.
It takes a very intellectual person to purchase/own/drive
the awesome Chevrolet Monte Carlo
4-Sure

Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I loved the new styling when they came out, but never imagined i'd actually own one one of these days. But when looking for a new car after loosing my Cavalier in an accident, I happend to come across an AWESOME deal on a brand new 2006 LT. It was more money than I was looking to spend at the time, but with the deal, and GREAT 0% 60 month financing, it made it possible for me to buy the car.

I LOVED the color, space, comfort, and power, all that combined into a great looking, affordable car made it the reason I bought the Monte!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM

Needed a daily driver that would get me more then my trucks 17-18 mpg, recalled my past experience with a 95 Z34 in addition to the 5-star crash rating. Seemed like a no-brainer.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Needed a comfortable commuter for 90 miles a day. Big guy don't want any ugly econo car or Honda.

Was driving a 2005 Expedition or a 1995 Firebird, searched for easy to get in the saddle unlike the firebird and better gas mileage unlike the Expi. Search narrowed down to Bonneville, Impala, Taurus SHO, or older T Bird.

The Monte style really grew on me and I abandoned all other brands and looked for Montes on craigslist until a decent one showed up in the price range. It was mechanically sound but dirty. Lease return? Repo? Whatever, she's mine now.

I almost gave up after testing an ss that was buggy with electrical issues, were all the Montes in the area lemons? Very happy I stuck it out and found one that is mostly ok.

A coworker spotted me on the freeway today. Told me later that the car is the perfect fit for me, all nice in appearance with a streak of badass. Ha ha

And like JAFO mentions the safety. The insurance guy told me I a great choice, insurance is cheaper than the Expi it replaces.

Last edited by Barovelli; 04-19-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:56 PM

My history with Monte Carlo is different. I have driven trucks all my life...started learning to drive in a field in a truck so I naturally have owned trucks most of my life. Well one day my truck's engine when out so my dad let me drive his 86 ss with T-tops. Yes, I did like that car and yes I did want that car and I think my mom knew it so when she made him sell it she made sure I didn't get it. Afew years later my sis gets a 95 Monte with a 3.4 in it. That engine is a pos imo but we did take drive out to Cali in it from Mo and it was fun. She loved that car until she totalled it. Afew years later the 2000+ Montes are out and on the road and I see them and think that is not a bad looking car but way out of my price range. Afew years later I am thinking it might be time for a car. My friends all have Pontiacs with 3800 engines so I know if I got a car it would probably have the 3800 in it because they would help me work on it. I really wanted a 4th gen but it was not in my price range since all of the good 4th gens was going for 10k or more around here. Then one faithful nite my friends are out looking at a GTP and see two Monte's....and they are both black and supercharged. So I get a pic on my phone of this sweet looking car. I thought about it and looked it up on the internet and figured it was out of my price range but what the hay I would go test drive it. After all a test drive is free and I just wanted to see what a supercharged Monte felt like. So that week my friend calls me up and askes me what I am doing on Sat and I told him I have only one thing I want to do...and he asks what...I told him what did I get on my phone last weekend. He flips out and next thing I know after we get his car done I had friends showing up at my house to got with me for this test drive. Well I test drove the car and liked it and told the salesman that it was out of my price range. They was asking 11k for the car and it blue booked for 10250 and I told him that. I also told him that the missing paint on the bumper looks like a 3 year old tried to touch up along with all of the rock chips and stratches and the worn buttons etc. He tried to tell me that, that would happen as normal wear. I told him that yes, I understand that but blue book is for a MINT car and this car is far from mint so their asking price is way over priced. I was ready to walk out when he asked me to wait and he asked me what I could do a month. I figured that there is no way in Hades that I would get this car so I shot my smart mouth off and told him $200 a month. He asked me if he could get that would I buy the car. I told him I was 90% sure I would buy it and also what would that make the total amount of the car. He went back in and came back out with a sheet of paper saying $206 a month and total cost is $8500. I knew that if I didn't get it...I might not get one at all since the supercharged Monte is kinda a rare beast so I signed the papers and have been scrapping by ever since. But it is an awesome car and I am glad I got it.

Sorry for the long post....getting this car is very special to me. I didn't think I could or would get it and now I am glad that it all worked out.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 PM

I've always liked the styling of the Monte. My Dad had an 83 and I love that car. I got the Jr edition since I'm a nascar fanatic and my Daddy got it for me for my 'sweet 16' in 2004 =]