General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Why did you ?

Old 07-21-2006, 09:40 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why did you ?

[:-] Old post re-surfaced, just 4 U

[align=center]
Dr. Phil of - -`it,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Why do people buy/have/drive a Monte Carlo ?

[/align][align=center]Why do you ?[/align][align=center]
What do you like about your Monte ?[/align][align=center]
What do you dislike about it ?[/align][align=center]
What mod's have you done ?

Post your 1/4 mile speed & Times if you have them : )

Post your review: Pro's & Con's on your Monte....Thanks

[:-]
Please keep your post under 99,999 words[/align]

Old 07-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Default RE: Why did you ?

[align=center]My first ride was a Honda VTEC, (Gave up a lot to get it, & Mod it). Also, I got a lot of tickets, & was always replacing parts, & gettingmoretickets[X(].

Traded a friend even for his 05 Superior Blue LT.
[/align][align=center](My VTEC was faster : ), but I had to always[/align][align=center]be in the high rev zone to get power.[/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/ECE7DE25DE08430C8F0BF04E7A73BBA4.jpg[/IMG][/align][align=center]
I thentraded my 05 LT for a 2006 LT3 with 4K miles, (It was my friends Dad's demo, he is
a Sales Manager. I love it, & got a SWEET DEAL for $1K difference.
[/align][align=center](Giving up a lot to keep it, but it's sure worth it).

I know that my Monte is more like a sporty touring coupe, & not a Bad Azz Performance car, but I appreciate the power of the GM 3.9 L engine. . I do like the improvements of my 06 overmy 05, but I miss the gauge package. I hope that the 3.9 is as bulletproof as the 3.8 L.
[/align][align=center]
I really love the SS V-8, but the cost was wayto high for me, & I know that I would be
racing everyone light to light, & I would for sure lose my DL
.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] From reviews I've read, the SS is only about a second
difference between the V-8 & 3.9. I know...a second is a big difference in racing..Plus, you just can't beat the
[/align][align=center]sound of a Chevy V-8

I love cars (even the Mustang GT), but my dream car for the money is the ZO6 Corvette : ) WoW...To dare to dream.

I like the Monte's, because they are unique, & I like the wind tunnel design. It's a great road tripper, & is a super package for the money.

I think you get what you pay for, & to me the Monte is a great machine that
[/align][align=center]gives me super bangs for my bucks.

"For the Love of Monte".....EnJoy your Journey..`Space

Myfavorite olderMonte is the early 70's
I would love to see GM make a concept
1970 MC with the Z06 Powertrain.
What's your favorite year `Monte ?
[:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/9378E187891F4C45BFBD14AE236AA789.jpg[/IMG][/align]

Old 07-21-2006, 06:45 PM

[align=center][:-]Why I Love My Monte Carlo [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Because she makes me `Happy [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really love things, & people that make me happy.[/align][align=center]Don't you ?[/align][align=center]It's makes it so much easier, to give up for those you `love![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 PM

Hummmmm... Well, I wanted something other than the Ranger I was driving and test drove many cars. The Monte just caught my eye and the comfort was better than anything else I looked at.

Not to mention 2.9% APR....

Old 07-21-2006, 10:45 PM

My 01 Grand Prix GT was getting to where it was time (122,00 miles) to pass it on to my son and I did not want something that I would regret getting later on. I kept saying in my mind, gas mileage. But in my heart I was saying, get the V8 and the hell with the mileage. The 06 Monte Carlo SS won out. Now even with the price of gas going up, I say the hell with it. I love my Monte!! Oh yeah, like montejass, the 0%, 72 month financing sure helped to sway me some.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Something different than every other Mustang and Camaro out there, and one of my favorite looking cars from when I was a little kid. I have always loved the body style. My other favorites (60/70's muscle cars etc.) are all way over my budget too

Old 07-22-2006, 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass
Hummmmm... Well, I wanted something other than the Texas Ranger I was driving and test drove many cars. The Monte just caught my eye and the comfort was better than anything else I looked at.
Not to mention 2.9% APR....
Mr `Montejass, Happy that you got out of your FORD Texas Ranger Pick Me Up Truck Oh, Great APR. I only have 54 more payments, two jobs
& a expensive girlfriend
Grandpa says "I got 2 Give Up 2 Get"[X(]

Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 AM

Because I am a crazy little momma with a boppin' beat!

the Hepcats know, that when the HepKitty makes the scene, she can really rock the show!

Old 07-22-2006, 12:57 PM

I bought mine because my credit sucks and the bank would only finace me a ford pickup an impala or my monte and i wanted a sports car and it was as close as i could get and i thought it looked really cool too just wish it was faster

Old 07-22-2006, 02:41 PM

interesting story actually...4/05, got sideswiped in my '03 cavalier. it got totalled and I sustained a bad elbow injury. when the insurance came back and said that they were going to total it, I had to go look for a new car. Also, we didn't have gap insurance (didn't even know what it was) so we had a 5 grand balance to roll into the new car.

Went and saw my trusted confidant, Richie Z at Fairway Chevrolet in Las Vegas (shameless plug, but highly recommend this guy for anyone car shopping in the Las Vegas Valley. A+ guy). We told him what our situation was, so he went to work on our numbers...came back clean. we told him that we wanted something bigger and more powerful than the cavalier, so he came out and presented an '05 monte LS (tan) and said "here's your new car." I didn't believe him, but he said that they had a special running on the montes at that time (red tag sale between 2K - 6K off depending on the model.) My wife liked the silver LT the best. he gave us the keys and told us to take a 15 minute drive to be sure we liked the car, then come back so we could finish the deal. LOVED IT!!! fresh off the lot it was like driving a lear jet.

I have never joined a forum before, but I love this car so much I had to join this one. SIDENOTE: from reading the posts, all you guys seemed like the best forum group!

21,000 miles later, still loving it (although the tranny is a little tempermental). I remember that my dad had an '87 monte, fully loaded (not SS). I was one of his favourite cars. when I told him I bought an '05 monte, he was pretty excited. He has never seen it because he still lives on the island, but I sent him pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why did you ?