Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

How Did you Find MCF? Why/What were you looking for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Default How Did you Find MCF? Why/What were you looking for?

So I found MCF when I was having trouble with my first Monte. It was a white 05 LS. It had XM radio I tought it was the coolest thing ever. Coming from a 93 sable. lol
Anyways I was having trouble with my speedometer it would stop working while I was driving. It would be showing I am going 45 while I am at 60 and then slowly fall under zero.
So I looked for info on theNetand found MCF by a google search.
Lets hear your story.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: How Did you Find MCF? Why/What were you looking for?

For the life of me, I am having a hard time remembering.

I think that I was looking for reviews on my car after I bought it and this forum came up near the top of Yahoo search.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:28 PM

well i had a saturn Ion before. and was frequently visiting a website called ionforums.net. when i got my MC i was looking for a similar community and i found it! was the number one site on the google search i think.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 PM

I was looking for info on my 2007 Monte SS

Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 PM

i was talkin to a friend and asking them about forums cos i wanted a place to call home and she told me about this place and i been here ever since

Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 PM

[align=center]Hi LK, [/align][align=center]Interesting Post Topic[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was a RicerForumAddict, until I traded my Honda VTEC[/align][align=center]for my first Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center](I was about to lose my DL for Street Rac'in) [X(][X(][X(][/align][align=center]Hard Lesson Learned.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]As soon as I got my Monte, I went on a net search, and found the MCF.[/align][align=center]I lurked for a few days, and couldn't believe how helpful, and friendly[/align][align=center]the member's were. I joined instantly, and was greeted by Moderator[/align][align=center]Montejass with a warm welcome. He was one of the first MCF members,[/align][align=center]and helped build the forum into what it is today. I'm thankful for our[/align][align=center]present Moderators (brownNos'in: ), for carrying out the tradition of a[/align][align=center]~ ***** Free Forum ~[/align][align=center](Note: Our Moderator's are the Best - and they don't get paid for their devotion/time[/align][align=center]to our Forum) Thank You Mod's from the MCF Members : )[/align][align=center](Hope that one gives me a FreeGet Out of Time-Out ~>Pass: )[/align][align=center]The only problems they really have had, is from that crazy post *****[/align][align=center]member SpaceKid. He's been put into `Time Out many times[/align][align=center]for some of his post : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really enjoy my `net Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center]Thanks LK, for being an active contributing member.[/align][align=center](Member's, don't 4-get to VOTE for MOTM)[/align][align=center]Peace/Happiness [/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Let's see, well I was looking for anything that people had done to other '06 Montes to get some ideas as to what I wanted to do. Came across MyMonte.com first, after awhile I found MCF and still use both, but MCF seems to have more activity.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:15 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

accident.. i believe i was messing around on google and found it shortly before i bought my monte... i messed around a ltitle after i bought and a couple months after buying it, i finally joined up. i only posted a few times at first, but then i slowly became among the more active members.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Detailed answer:
I was a member on a Grand Am forum site for a long time. I was looking to trade in my money pit of a 99 Grand Am GT, when I noticed a Chevy dealership with two dealership demo modelDale Jr. editions still on the lot never sold. I wanted to find out more info on 2004 era Monte's. Reliability, complaints, common problems, and so on. I did a google search for Chevrolet Monte Carlo forums. The MCF was the first one that came up. I checked out this and other Monte forums that came up in the google search. The other sites dealt mostly with generations 1 to 4, which didn't help me much for info on a 2004 model. MCF really helped me to make an informed decision.

Short answer: Google.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 AM

Same here! Google.

Found it under a more specific search if I remember correctly.

I had the 2003 LS and was very happy, but it was getting to that age (just under 80K) and I was thinking hmmm, if I ever am going to want to sell this car, (and I knew I was) it's going to be worth more now, then it ever will be.

So I poked around for ppls reviews of the 06's, (screw the critics, they don't know Jack you know what!)
Happened across MCF. Didn't even join at first. Happen to see someones love letter about the 3900 engine, happened to find one (who would've thunk it?) at my Local (seriously, 1 mile away) Chevy dealer, and basically bought it without talking to a bank, or even DRIVING the car. I knew what I was getting, I started it, I saw that beautiful 3900 in the cradle...

Well, after maybe a week or two of owning it, I was like DARN... this thing is FAST! So I was like hmm, wonder how fast it 'could' go? (as Space says, "2 dare 2 dream")
So I started hitting up MCF more... ended up signing up.. and well, here I am!

Happy to say, without a single serious engine mod yet, (just drop in K&N Air filter and Engine mount flip) I'm still VERY pleased and pleasently surprised each and every time I goose that fly by wire throttle!

Quick Reply: How Did you Find MCF? Why/What were you looking for?